Patch.com's San Francisco Bay Area sites are hiring part-time, temporary marketing contractors to promote our fast-growing hyperlocal online news company at local community events.
The Street Team will be responsible for a wide variety of outreach initiatives in our Patch towns. We'll be launching town blitzes (3-5 days per town) with efforts including:
- Participating in local Patch events, including preparations for events, setting up events, working with the public at a Patch booth, signing up newsletter subscribers;
- Working with pre-targeted community and business groups and organizations, government agencies, educational institutions, senior center, and non-profits to sign up newsletter subscribers, show them how to use our sites, including how to post events, announcements and recruiting bloggers;
- Hosting blogger recruitment drives; and
- Helping businesses claim listings.
Hours: 10-20 hours a week
Pay: $10-$14 hour
- Have ties and engagement in one or more community or business organization or group in a Patch town.
- Community outreach and/or marketing experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Patch a plus.
- Must have transportation
To apply, email a resume and a short note about why you'd be right for this role to Laura Nelson, email@example.com.
About Patch: Patch is the country's fastest growing network of local news and information websites, with sites in more than 870 communities and a network of 20,000 bloggers.