Kids Home Alone Call 9-1-1 Leading to Arrest of Burglary Suspect
Pleasanton Police responded to a residence in the 1400 block of Briones Lane for a reported in-progress burglary. Two kids were home alone when a man began forcing entry into the side garage door. The kids hid in a bedroom and one of them called 911 as the man made entry into the residence. More details in this report.
Changes at Stoneridge Mall
A lot of changes are coming to Stoneridge Shopping Center over the next few months. Forever 21 is expanding into a new 21,000-square-foot, two-level site near Macy's Women. Read more on other changes in our latest Sprouts & Shutters column.
Pleasanton Welcomes Back U.S. Army Soldiers
A pair of U.S. Army soldiers were greeted with a hero's welcome this past weekend in Pleasanton. View photos and details in our report provided by Pleasanton Military Families Support Group.
Candidates Apply for Open Council Seat
Four candidates filed papers with the City of Pleasanton to officially declare their intention to run for the open Pleasanton City Council seat. More details in our report.
Other news you need to know:
- Police Log: Joyride In Pickup Towing Backhoe?
- Budget Buster: Families Spend $3K a Year on Gas
- Pleasanton High Schools Taking Part in 'Poetry Out Loud' Competition
- Tri-Valley Healthy Living Column: The Business of Your Body
- Who's Hiring: Taxi Drivers, Tutors and Doggy Day Care
- Police Log: Bolted Garage Door Doesn't Deter Brazen Burglar
- Cute Alert: Girl Scouts Tell us Why We Should Buy Their Cookies
- DAR Annual Awards Ceremony
- Homes With Big Yards: What's For Sale in Pleasanton
- Home Energy Forum for Pleasanton Residents
What do you think of this week's top stories?
Patch us your comments in the comments section below or in the comments section of a specific story.