If you're looking for a Pleasanton restaurant that features excellent tasting food with healthy options galore, served in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere right on Main street look no further than Lokanta Mediterranean at the corner of Rose and Main.
I've had the opportunity to dine here multiple times and you certainly won't find better tasting food (that's actually healthy) anywhere else in Pleasanton.
Below are my Lokanta fat loss menu selections...check them out before you visit this excellent new Pleasanton restaurant.
- Grilled Sea Scallops
Salads – these are all great choices dressing on the side add meat
Braised Beet Salad
- Roka Salad - you'll see this salad in the attached photos..with chicken...I had last week at lunch...it's very fresh and tastes great
Sandwiches & Combo Plates – choose house salad instead of fries or soup, eat only half the bread with the sandwiches
Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich – pesto aioli on the side
- Fresh Salmon Sandwich – minus the mayo
The plates are the best option, any of the three (Chicken, Lamb, Doner Kebab) would be great without soup
Mixed Grilled Shish Kebabs – likely the best choice available as sauces are limited and it has a good balance of protein and veggies with some rice
- Grilled Skirt Steak – sauce on the side
- Grilled Fresh Salmon – dressing/sauces on the side
Marinated Warm Olives
- Sauteed Veggies
Virtually the same as the lunch menu without the majority of the sandwiches and combo plates (except the lamb burger which is on the dinner menu) with the addition of Braised Short Ribs which would be an excellent choice.
- Grilled Chicken Kebab – clearly the best option for the kids...avoid the drinks, which are juice and other drinks which contain plenty of sugar, and stick with water
Brunch Menu – on the weekends only – those listed below are all great options
- Turkish Sausage & Poached Eggs - had this for breakfast (see attached photo)...very appropriate portions...sausage is lean and tastes great
Beef Doner Scramble
- Frittata Sea Food
Of course avoid the drinks at the end of the brunch menu, if you're trying to lose fat.
Check out their website at http://www.eatlokanta.com
Watch my youtube video interview of Lokanta owner Dogan Ozdogan...