Did you put off making your plans for Mothers Day until the last minute? Are you afraid that all the wonderful Mothers Day events are already booked up? Here's a list of last-minute Mothers Day ideas and deals you can still take advantage of.
As of Friday, May 7, some restaurants are still taking reservations.
- Vic's All Star Kitchen – Mothers Day Champagne Brunch Buffet - 484-0789, 8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Last year Vic's served around 620 people on Mother's Day and this year there were 310 reservations as of Friday, May 7. Open spots are scattered throughout the day and there might still be time to reserve a beautiful brunch at one of Pleasanton's favorite places to eat. Perfect for the down-home mom and sports lover.
- The Farmer Restaurant (Pleasanton Hotel) – Mother's Day Brunch – 399-6690. A Mother's Day staple in Pleasanton, the brunch itself is actually booked up. But this year they are adding special Mothers Day items to the dinner menu to keep the celebration going into the evening. There are just few spots available.
Looking for something a little different to do this year? Here' s a list of activities that mom might enjoy.
- The Hawaiian May Day Festival at the Alameda County Fairgrounds Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Enjoy Hawaiian food, dance, entertainment, and arts and crafts at this year's annual Hawaiian May Day festival. Mother's get 50 percent their tickets on Sunday with the coupon available on their website. Hau'oli La Makuahine (Happy Mothers Day)!
- The Great Choruses of Broadway 2 – Amador Theater Saturday and Sunday. Does mom have a flair for the dramatic? Tri-Valley Repertory Theatre's Broadway Chorus is having a special Mother's Day production. Take mom to the Amador Theater to celebrate the famous "Moms" of the Broadway stage with selections from "Gypsy," "The Sound of Music," "Les Miserables," "Hairspray," and much more.
- Joie de Vie Salon and Day Spa - 485-4272 Sunday. Along with discounts for massages and facials along with other Mother's Day deals, this spa will be offering wine, champagne and appetizers throughout the day. There are still reservations available.
- Tommy T's – A Special Mothers Day show with comedienne Mrs. Hughes Sunday 4pm and 7pm. Is mom up for a few laughs? Then take her to see America's funniest Grandma at Tommy T's. What better way to celebrate Mothers Day then with good food and comedy?
- Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park – If mom is more of the outdoors type, take her for a hike up Pleasanton Ridge. There's no need for reservations, for a picnic with mom.