A house fire in the 5200 block of Northway Road on August 26 may have started in the family dryer, officials said.
Jack Neiman-Kimel, Battalion Chief Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department wrote:
"We responded with three engines, one truck, and one Battalion Chief. On arrival we found smoke and fire coming from the exterior door of the laundry room. Crews quickly extinguished the fire and then checked for extension of fire into the residence."
Neiman-Kimel says they removed the smoke and that there were no civilian or firefighter injuries.
"The homeowners were briefly away from their house, walking their dog, when the fire started. It appears the fire started in the laundry room possibly from the dryer," Neiman-Kimel said.