Jump Start Leads to Vehicle Fire Downtown

A motor home caught fire while being jump-started

A 24-foot Class C motor home parked in the parking lot behind the Chase Bank at 561 Main Street caught fire around 8:13 p.m. tonight, Livermore Pleasanton Fire Department Battalion Chief Jeff Peters said.

"The motor home was parked to the rear of the bank in the parking lot," said Peters. "The battery on the motor home had died and the owner was trying to jump-start it when it caught fire. It was fully involved when we arrived."

According to Peters, it took two engines to knock down the motor home fire.

Peter says they were able to extinguish the fire and that there were no injuries during the incident.

Were you downtown during the fire? Did you smell the smoke? Tell us in the comments section below.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »