.
News Alert
BART UPDATE: Oakland Coliseum Station Re-Opens…

Kitchen Grease Fire Displaces 9, Destroys Apartment

No one was injured in the fire, according to fire officials.

Nine residents were displaced from their apartments in the 1300 block of Hopyard Road on Friday night at 8:33 p.m. after a grease fire in a kitchen spread to one of the second floor units, Livermore Pleasanton Fire Battalion Chief Paul Legasa said.

Legasa told Patch, "One second floor unit was fully involved, and completely destroyed by the fire. Neighboring units were damaged by smoke, and opening of the ceiling to combat the fire that had spread into the attic. Nine persons were displaced from the eight unit building, and all were relocated."

Legasa says no one was injured in the fire and the Red Cross helped to relocate the residents.

"The fire originated on the stove top while a resident was cooking with grease," Legasa said. "A dollar loss for the fire has not yet been determined."

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »