According to the PulsePoint phone application, a structure fire was reported at 10:17 a.m at 300 Neal Street in Pleasanton. Livermore Pleasanton Fire Battalion Chief Joe Testa says the smoke was not from a fire but from a heating, ventilation and air conditioning system in the facility.
Testa wrote, via email:
It turned out to be an HVAC unit that created a small amount of smoke and odor at that facility (possibly due to the power failure issues Pleasanton is having today). There was a temporary evacuation of the residents. No illness or injuries were reported related to this incident. The facility has resumed normal operations.
This is the second evacuation of the nursing home in less than a week.
[Related article: Laundry Room Fire Forces Evacuation of Nursing Home]
On Sept. 15, residents were evacuated after a fire started in the laundry room, in a commercial dryer. Residents were able to return to the facility within about 90 minutes of the fire.
No one was injured during either incidents.