Police believe someone stole copper wiring valued at $2,000 from a sprinkler system at the Firehouse Arts Center, which is set to open on Sept. 17. Also, several burglaries hit residences in the last week, including one in which police believe burglars smashed a glass door to steal cash, jewelry and other goods worth thousands of dollars.
Saturday, Aug. 7
- Theft was reported on the 300 block of Main Street at Berry Patch at 1:17 p.m.
- A 25-year-old man was arrested for domestic violence at 11:49 p.m.
- A 55-year-old man was arrested for public intoxication at 6:01 p.m.
- A traffic collision was reported at the intersection of Hacienda Drive and Stoneridge Drive at 8:42 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 6
- A residential burglary was reported on the 5200 block of Crestive Way at 11:41 a.m. The homeowner reported one stolen item, a pellet gun valued at $250.
- A 66-year-old man was arrested for disorderly conduct at 4:35 p.m.
- A traffic collision was reported at the merge of I-580 eastbound and I-680 northbound at 4:49 p.m.
- A traffic collision was reported at the McDonalds on the 6800 block of Santa Rita Road at 6:20 p.m.
- A 23-year-old woman and a 24-year-old woman were arrested for theft at 6:35 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 4
- Residential burglary was reported on the 3200 block of Flemington Court at 6:10 a.m. Stolen items included a laptop, camera and wine bottles.
- A vehicular burglary was reported at the intersection of Vine Street and Birch Creek Drive at 1:22 p.m. Police reported that a window was smashed. Stolen items included musical instruments in the car.
- Copper Wiring Taken from Firehouse Arts Center: Theft was reported at the construction site of the yet-to-be-opened Firehouse Arts Center on the 4000 block of Railroad Avenue at 2:12 p.m. Police reported that almost 2,000 feet of copper wire was missing from a sprinkler system. The copper material is valued at $2,000.
- A traffic collision was reported at the intersection of Stoneridge Drive and Denker Drive at 5:58 p.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 5
- Pry Tool Used in Burglary: A residential burglary was reported on the 3600 block of Andrews Drive at Avalon Apartments at 8:23 a.m. Police reported that the perpetrator used a tool to pry open an unlocked bedroom window and took cash and jewelry from the residence valued at more than $2,000.
- A 22-year-old woman and 26-year-old woman were arrested for theft at 1 a.m.
- A 19-year-old man was arrested for possession of stolen property at 1:31 a.m.
- A traffic collision was reported at the merge of I-580 eastbound and I-680 northbound at 10:58 a.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 3
- A 33-year-old woman was arrested for public intoxication at 12:05 a.m.
- Vehicular burglary was reported on the 3800 block of Vineyard Avenue at 8:56 a.m.
- A traffic collision involving a motorcycle was reported on I-580 eastbound near Hopyard Road at 4:39 p.m.
- Theft was reported on the 7000 block of Johnson Drive at Clubsport at 5:01 p.m.
- A traffic collision involving a motorcycle was reported at the merge of I-580 and I-680 at 7:03 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 2
• A 20-year-old man was arrested for public intoxication at 12:59 a.m.
- A bike collided with a fence at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Mohr Avenue at 12:08 p.m.
- A 34-year-old man was arrested for possession of a controlled substance at 6:07 p.m.
- Home Robbed of Goods Worth Thousands: A residential burglary was reported on the 9100 block of Olson Court at 10:13 p.m. Police reported that a sliding glass door was smashed and electronics and jewelry were taken from the home. Items were also taken from a safe in the house, including thousands in cash. The value of the stolen items totaled more than $20,000.
Please note: These are selections from the departments' logs that in their entirety list many more incidents.