Dozens of pieces of jewelry and similar goods were stolen in a home burglary on Drywood Street this week, following an Aug. 19 burglary of a Riviera Court home where a diamond ring valued at more than $18,000 was reported missing.
The previous week, on Aug. 10, an emerald ring worth more than $5,000 was reported missing after a Via Del Cielo home was burglarized.
Also, the dealt with several incidents — mostly small vehicle fires, garbage can fires and smoke reported coming from buildings. County firefighters dealt with a larger fire on I-580 eastbound on Monday.
That began as a car fire and spread to almost an acre of nearby vegetation. For more, read .
Monday, Aug. 22
- A 31-year-old man was arrested at 2:40 a.m. on suspicion of driving under the influence.
- Burglary was reported at JD Hutchinson Construction on the 200 block of Heritage Lane at 9:11 a.m.
- A vehicle fire was reported on I-680 northbound near Castlewood Drive at 2:40 p.m.
- Burglary was reported on the 1100 block of Sunset Creek Lane at 6:02 p.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 23
- Petty theft was reported on the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road at 9:02 a.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 24
- A traffic collision involving two vehicles was reported at the intersection of Hopyard Road and Stoneridge Drive at 5:32 a.m.
- Vehicular burglary was reported on the 2100 block of Rheem Drive at 1:13 p.m.
- Jewelry, Other Goods Stolen in Home Burglary: Residential burglary was reported on the 4900 block of Drywood Street at 1:36 p.m. An iPad worth more than $800 was reported stolen, along with dozens of pieces of jewelry worth more than $3,000. Police reported that a bedroom window was open.
- A traffic collision involving a motorcycle was reported at the merge of I-580 eastbound and I-680 northbound at 5:37 p.m.
- A garbage can was reportedly smoldering at Bank of America on the 300 block of Main Street at 5:40 p.m.
- Laptop Gone in Home Burglary: Residential burglary was reported on the 4200 block of Fairland Drive at 6:05 p.m. A laptop worth $1,000 was reported stolen.
- Smoke was reportedly seen coming from a utility room at Souza Group on the 4600 block of First Street at 9:05 p.m. Firefighters found that it was a small fire from a cigarette.
Thursday, Aug. 25
- A traffic collision involving two vehicles was reported at the intersection of Vineyard Avenue and Touriga Drive at 8:38 a.m.
- Petty theft was reported on the 4700 block of Golden Road at 10:35 a.m.
- A 47-year-old man was arrested at 3:27 p.m. on a warrant.
- A fire was reported at the intersection of Harvest Road and Black Avenue at 7:21 p.m.
- The smell of smoke was reported in an X-ray room at Kaiser Permanente on the 5600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road at 7:48 p.m.
- A 53-year-old man was arrested at 11:15 p.m. on suspicion of domestic violence.
Friday, Aug. 26
- Petty theft was reported on the 5000 block of Forest Hill Drive at 6:01 a.m.
- Smoke was reported coming from a tree near Systems and Space Inc. on the 1200 block of Quarry Lane at 3:18 p.m.
- A traffic collision was reported at the intersection of Dorman Road and Denker Drive at 3:28 p.m.
- Reckless driving was reported on the 1500 block of Stanley Boulevard at 8:51 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 27
- A 49-year-old man was arrested at 12:12 a.m. on suspicion of driving under the influence.
- The rear license plate of a white 1995 Mercury Tracer wagon was reported stolen at the intersection of Canyon Meadows Road and Dublin Canyon Road at 9 a.m.
- Bicycle theft was reported on the 6100 block of Golden Road at 10:35 a.m. The men’s silver and blue Trek model hybrid was valued at about $900.
- A traffic collision involving two vehicles was reported at the intersection of Johnson Drive and Stoneridge Drive at 10:37 a.m.
Sunday, Aug. 28
- A traffic collision was reported at the intersection of Hopyard Road and West Las Positas Boulevard at 10:32 a.m.
- Burglary was reported on the 1700 block of Stoneridge Mall Road at 2:15 p.m.
- An 18-year-old man was arrested at 3:01 p.m. on suspicion of shoplifting.
- An 18-year-old man was arrested at 3:10 p.m. on suspicion of shoplifting.
- A traffic collision involving a vehicle crashing at the drive-thru was reported at In-N-Out Burger on the 6000 block of Johnson Drive at 4:29 p.m.
- A garbage can was reportedly on fire at Sports Chalet on the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive at 4:51 p.m.
- A propane tank was reportedly on fire on the 5600 block of San Jose Drive at 5:55 p.m.
Note: This is a sampling from the department’s logs, which in their entirety include more incidents.