Thousands of dollars worth of goods were stolen in a number of burglaries and thefts last week.
Pleasanton police received a report of car burglary of cleaning equipment Monday. Other car burglaries were reported throughout the week, including one Wednesday in which a $4,000 watch was stolen from a McDonalds parking lot.
Commercial burglaries were reported last week by Norcal Imaging and Wal-Mart. Police also responded to a residential burglary on Riddell Street in which televisions and a piggy bank holding about $100 in coins were stolen; officers reported that the home was entered via a pet door.
Monday, June 20
- Theft was reported on the 7000 block of Johnson Drive at Hilton at 10:26 a.m. A computer hard drive and CDs worth more than $1,700 were reported stolen.
- Cleaning equipment stolen: Vehicular burglary was reported on the 5100 block of Franklin Drive at the Hitachi parking lot at 11:07 a.m. A window was smashed and a polishing machine, vacuum cleaners, auto scrubber machine and other equipment worth more than $5,500 were reported stolen.
- A collision involving a motorcycle was reported on I-680 southbound near Castlewood Drive at 5:24 p.m.
- Theft was reported on the 7100 block of Johnson Drive at Valley Bible Church at 6:26 p.m. A laptop worth $3,000 was reported stolen.
Tuesday, June 21
- A house fire was reported on the 4700 block of Del Valle Parkway at 5:28 a.m. Two people were evacuated from the home. Smoke was filling the home and firefighters spent close to an hour on the emergency call.
- Commercial burglary was reported on the 5900 block of Stoneridge Drive at Norcal Imaging at 9:46 a.m. Rolling room dividers, framed pictures, cash and a Pink album worth more than $400 were reported stolen.
- A custom-made 2006 Bourget Python motorcycle was reported stolen from the 5600 block of Sonoma Drive at 10:55 a.m. The motorcycle was stored in a trailer.
Wednesday, June 22
- Expensive watch stolen from car: Vehicular burglary was reported on the 6800 block of Santa Rita Road at McDonalds at 8:49 a.m. A stainless titanium watch worth $4,000 was reported stolen.
- Thousands worth of tools stolen: Vehicular burglary was reported on the 7600 block of Canyon Meadows Circle at 8:20 a.m. Tools, including ratchet wrench and socket sets, worth $3,000, were reported stolen.
- A collision involving two vehicles was reported at the intersection of Stoneridge and Hacienda drives at 2:57 p.m. Air bags were deployed but no injuries were reported.
Thursday, June 23
- A 37-year-old man was arrested at 2:49 a.m. on a charge of being under the influence of a controlled substance.
- Bicycle theft was reported on the 4900 block of Pleasanton Avenue at Ace Train at 12:59 p.m.
- Theft was reported on the 6600 block of Owens Drive at 1:28 p.m.
- A collision was reported at the merge of I-580 westbound and I-680 southbound at 5:30 p.m.
- Vehicular burglary was reported on the 7300 block of Johnson Drive at Val Vista Park at 9:17 p.m. A designer shoulder bag worth $50 was reported stolen.
Friday, June 24
- Residential burglary was reported on the 3800 block of Vineyard Avenue at 12:51 a.m. Gaming consoles and a laptop worth more than $1,300 were reported stolen.
- A vehicle fire was reported on I-680 near Bernal Avenue at 11:54 a.m. A driver exited a vehicle and extinguished the fire with Pleasanton police on the scene.
- A collision involving four vehicles was reported on I-580 westbound near Hopyard Road in the center divide at 5:41 p.m.
- A collision involving two vehicles was reported at the intersection of Vallecitos Road and Isabel Avenue at 5:53 p.m. The roadway was blocked.
- A 19-year-old man was arrested at 7:08 p.m. on charges of fraud and receiving stolen property.
Saturday, June 25
- A structure fire was reported on the 6300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road at Stoneridge Apartments at 1:05 a.m. A resident reported that sprinklers had extinguished the fire but had not shut off.
- A collision was reported on I-680 northbound near Bernal Avenue at 2:43 a.m. A red truck was facing the wrong way with smoke coming from the vehicle.
- Commercial burglary was reported on the 6600 block of Owens Drive at law offices at 8:47 a.m.
- A collision involving an overturned vehicle was reported on the 2000 block of Martin Avenue at 9:43 a.m.
- Electronics, piggy bank stolen from home: Residential burglary was reported on the 6900 block of Riddell Street at 11:35 a.m. A pet door was smashed in the burglary and televisions, iPad, digital camera and piggy bank holding about $100 in coins were reported stolen.
- Theft was reported on the 3600 block of Bernal Avenue at 3:59 p.m. A lawnmower, hedge trimmer and steel lawn trimmer worth more than $770 were reported stolen.
- Commercial burglary was reported on the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive at Wal-Mart at 4:44 p.m. Used car batteries worth $250 were reported stolen.
- A collision involving a vehicle striking a tree was reported at the intersection of Valley and Bernal avenues at 10:31 p.m.
Sunday, June 26
- A 34-year-old man was arrested at 1:02 a.m. on suspicion of public intoxication.
- A collision involving two vehicles was reported at the intersection of Stoneridge and Gibraltar drives at 1:03 p.m.
- Vehicular burglary was reported on the 11900 block of Dublin Canyon Boulevard at the Residence Inn Marriott at 3:01 p.m. A GPS unit, black laptop and auto parts were reported stolen.
- A home’s fence was on fire on the 3700 block of Nicole Avenue at 3:58 p.m. Neighbors reported an eight-foot fire and unsuccessful attempts to contact the resident. Bystanders contained the fire with a hose until firefighters arrived and extinguished it within 30 minutes.
- A collision involving a truck was reported on I-580 eastbound near Santa Rita Road at 5:31 p.m. The vehicle hit a center divide.
- A collision involving two vehicles was reported at the intersection of Stoneridge and Kamp drives at 9:07 p.m.
Note: These are selections from the department's logs, which in their entirety list more incidents.