Phones rang off the hook last week at the Pleasanton Police Department, as personnel responded to numerous calls of vandalism, slashed tires and ransacked cars.
The most recent report of vandalized tires occurred sometime overnight Friday to Saturday on the 4100 block of Amberwood Circle, police logs state.
That apparent stand-alone incident follows at least a of vehicles with tires stabbed or slashed in the Laramie Gate and Sutter Gate neighborhood between April 10 and 11.
And this latest spree mirrors one in Valley Trails March 25 in which
On that same day, police also logged from neighboring residents another seven or so "vehicle tampering" cases — cars that were rummaged through with nothing reported as stolen.
Local authorities a 20 percent hike in vehicular burglaries and thefts citywide in the past two months.
In late March, several were hit by thieves in the Vineyard Avenue and Valley View Elementary School neighborhood.
Anyone with information regarding those responsible is urged to contact the Pleasanton police at (925) 931-5100.
In other police news, one at-large suspect can now tell time in style, and may also have a fashionably dressed child in tow.
Surveillance tapes are being reviewed.
Saturday, April 14
- Vandalism reports filed: 6:21 a.m. for front-door damage on 2600 Minton Court; 10:59 a.m. for mailbox damage on Flora Court and Belleza Drive; 12:28 p.m. for damaged tires on 4100 Amberwood Circle; and 7:30 p.m. on 1000 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Public urination reported at 11:05 p.m. along 4600 Chabot Drive.
- Burglary logged at 10:31 a.m. on 5300 Case Avenue.
- Controlled-substance possession reported at 11:42 p.m. along 4300 Second Street.
- Suspected public-intoxication arrest made of a Pleasanton man, 24, at 1:58 a.m. on 500 Neal Street.
- Arrests for suspected driving under the influence made of a male, 26, at 2:19 a.m. on Hopyard Road at Inglewood Drive, and of another motorist at 9:18 p.m. on Valley Avenue at Hansen Drive.
Friday, April 13
- Minors breaking curfew logged at 11:56 p.m. on 1800 Santa Rita Road.
- Vandalism reported at 8:24 a.m. on 2700 East Ruby Hill Drive, and at 10:32 a.m. on 5800 Parkside Drive.
- Stolen vehicle recovered at 3:31 p.m. on 6200 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Car break-ins logged at 2:48 p.m. on 4700 Willow Road, and 5:57 p.m. along 5900 Laurel Creek Drive. The Willow vehicle reportedly had its window smashed and missing were a purse, wallet, cash, ID cards and prescription medications, with a combined value of $240.
- Tobacco products furnished to minors at 12:11 p.m. on 6700 Bernal Avenue.
Thursday, April 12
- Burglary recorded at 5:32 p.m. on 1600 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Suspected DUI arrest made at 12:41 a.m. on 4800 Hopyard Road.
- Felony battery reported at 11:50 p.m. on the 1800 block of Santa Rita Road.
- March burglary suspects in Tracy.
Wednesday, April 11
- Missing-person case filed at 9:05 p.m. on the 3800 block of Florian Street.
- Lewd acts upon child reported at 2:10 p.m. on the 4800 block of Bernal Avenue.
- Vandalism reports included: 6:42 a.m., 7:41 a.m., 8 a.m., 8:09 a.m. on 4500 block of Sutter Gate Avenue; 8:19 a.m. on 4600 Sutter Gate Avenue; 7:52 a.m. and 8:58 a.m. on 2700 Laramie Gate Circle; 4:31 p.m. on 4500 Lin Gate Street; and 7:23 p.m. on 4600 Laramie Gate Court.
Tuesday, April 10
- Residential burglary reported at 3:54 a.m. on the 1500 block of Rubino Court.
- Vandalism cited at 10:05 a.m. and 2:59 p.m. on the 4500 block of Lin Gate Street.
- Identity thefts reported at 5:14 p.m. on 6800 Corte Nuevo and 7:18 p.m. on 700 Foxbrough Place.
- A Hayward male, 26, and a woman were arrested for suspected methamphetamine and paraphernalia possession at 12:20 a.m. on 5300 Owens Court.
Monday, April 9
- Minors breaking curfew reported at 1:50 a.m. on Stoneridge Drive and Santa Rita Road.
- Battery reported at 4:33 p.m. on Valley Avenue at Busch Road.
- Robbery logged at 7:14 p.m. on 3100 Santa Rita Road.
- Theft cases filed: 7:26 a.m. on 3900 Grand Canyon Court; 8:10 a.m. on 4200 Garner Court; 8:42 a.m. on 4300 Addison Way; 8:46 a.m. on 4500 Rosewood Drive; 8:54 a.m. on 6200 Robin Court; 9:32 a.m. on 6200 Garner Court; 11:46 a.m. on 6200 Gibson Court; 3:53 p.m. on 3900 Mount Rainier Court; 5:46 p.m. on 6900 Lassen Street; and at 6:38 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Vehicle-tampering cases reported: 8:31 a.m. and 8:48 a.m. on 6200 Robin Court; 6:44 a.m., 8:32 a.m., 9:02 a.m. and 10:23 a.m. on 6200 Garner Court; and 5:54 p.m. on 3400 Isle Royal Court.
- An Oakland woman, 19, was arrested for suspected burglary at 5:14 p.m. on 1500 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- A Concord female, 18, was cited at 2:10 p.m. for alleged shoplifting on 1600 Stoneridge Mall Road.
Sunday, April 8
- A Pleasanton male, 19, was arrested at 2:42 a.m. on 3000 Hopyard Road for suspected public intoxication.
- Suspected DUI arrest made of a male, 21, at 1:15 a.m. on Main and St. Mary streets.
- Two Pleasanton men were arrested at 1:43 a.m. along 3000 Hopyard Road: one, 18, cited for allegedly possessing false government-ID cards; and a 19-year-old for allegedly being under the influence of controlled substances.
- Vandalism reported at 3:44 p.m. on 6300 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Battery logged at 10:56 p.m. on the 4400 block of Newman Place.
- A 19-year-old Pleasanton man was arrested at 11:33 p.m. on 3200 West Lagoon Road for suspected possession of controlled substances.