Locked homes and cars didn't deter some brazen burglars in Pleasanton last week.
A downtown Pleasanton resident told police he was returning to his home on St. John Circle Saturday evening when he noticed a man standing near the family's Audi convertible, locked and parked in the driveway.
"It appeared to (the victim) that the unknown suspect was attempting to pull up the convertible top of the parked car with his hands," police said.
The suspect, described as a white male between 25 and 30 years old, wearing a black hoodie and jeans, took off on foot into the neighborhood, police files state.
And a Paseo San Leon home's bolted garage door apparently did not deter daytime burglars, who allegedly made off Wednesday with jewelry, purses and electronics valued at a combined $2,500.
Homeowners reported the door was smashed, its frame broken and their house ransacked sometime between 8:15 a.m. and 3:15 p.m. while they were out.
Saturday, Feb. 9
- Car break-in reported 8:10 p.m. on the 700 block of St. John Circle.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrest of male 1:55 a.m. along 200 Spring Street.
- Male arrested 2:43 p.m. for alleged marijuana/hashish possession along 3100 Santa Rita Road.
- Graffiti reported 2:34 p.m. on Touriga and Palomino drives.
- Male motorist arrested for alleged methamphetamine possession and no driver's license at 10:45 p.m. along 3700 Hopyard Road.
- Thefts logged: 4:07 p.m. on 1300 Santa Rita Road; 5:12 p.m. on 1500 Stoneridge Mall Road; 5:33 p.m. along 4500 Rosewood Drive.
- Truck, trailer and backhoe reported stolen 8:35 a.m. on the 1000 block of Kottinger Drive.
- Warrant arrests: male, 8:04 a.m. on 3800 Vineyard Avenue; male, 9:30 a.m. along 4200 Hayford Court.
Friday, Feb. 8
- Car break-in reported 10:34 p.m. on 4700 Willow Road.
- Male arrested 4:44 p.m. on 5200 Hopyard Road for suspectedmethamphetamine and drug-paraphernalia possession.
- Fraud reported 9:20 a.m. on the 1600 block of Chatham Place.
- Embezzlement filed 5:39 p.m. along 1700 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Warrant arrests: male, 12:25 p.m. on 300 Main Street; male, 7:31 p.m. on 3900 Stoneridge Drive; male, 10:21 p.m. on 5500 Johnson Drive.
- Female arrested 6:39 p.m. for suspected theft and warrant along 1500 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Driving-under-the-influence arrest of female, 2:11 a.m., Santa Rita Road at Stoneridge Drive.
- Hazardous-materials leak reported on Washington and Wyoming streets 4:38 p.m.
- Pleasanton native joins police force.
Thursday, Feb. 7
- Vandalism cited along 700 Rose Avenue, 9:05 a.m.
- Male arrested 4 p.m. for alleged theft on 4500 Rosewood Drive.
- Female arrested for suspected controlled-substance possession 4:52 p.m. along 2800 Hopyard Road.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrest 5:20 p.m. of male on 4800 Hopyard Road.
- Theft from vehicle 2:25 p.m. on the 7900 block of Fairoaks Court: $150 navigational device was stolen from a car in the driveway. Another car in the residence's drive and a neighbor's vehicle were rummaged through with nothing reported missing, files said. There were no signs of forced entry to the cars.
Anyone who may have witnessed or has information regarding the listed incidents is encouraged to call Pleasanton police at (925) 931-5100.