Brazen burglars made off last week with more than $52,000 in loot from a Shadow Cliffs-area home in the Vineyard Avenue corridor and, in a separate incident, nearly $17,000 in electronics from a Hopyard Road nightclub, according to police.
Affiliates of the nightclub -- Club Neo -- on the 4800 block of Hopyard Road reported $16,745 of audio and video gear, including turn-tables, mixers, amplifiers and video screens, went missing between Oct. 4 at 12:45 p.m. and Oct. 9 at 9:50 a.m., according to Pleasanton Police Department filings.
The break-in was reported Oct. 9 at 10:40 a.m. The club supposedly has been shuttered since a parking-lot shooting earlier this year.
And in a Wednesday incident on the 2600 block of Vista Diablo Court, burglars reportedly entered a home through an unlocked garage between 9:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. and snatched a computer, thousands of dollars in watches, an Xbox console, video games, plus jewelry estimated at a combined $46,000, police records state.
Adding insult to injury, the crooks also made off with one of the homeowner's books -- "The Scorch Trials," the second in a science-fiction triology by James Dashner.
Anyone who may have witnessed either of these crimes, or has information regarding those responsible is urged to contact police at (925) 931-5100.
In other area police news:
Saturday, Oct. 13
- Missing-person case filed 1:03 p.m. on Brianne Court.
- Vehicle reported stolen 10:18 a.m. on 5300 Black Avenue.
- Stolen vehicle recovered 12:31 p.m. on 1000 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Male motorist, 29, arrested for suspected driving under the influence 4:20 a.m. on Andrews Drive.
- Thefts logged: 2:03 p.m. on 3600 Andrews Drive; 5:48 p.m. and 6:50 p.m. on 1000 and 1500 Stoneridge Mall Road; 8:35 p.m. on 4500 Rosewood Drive.
- Crockett male, 27, arrested for alleged petty theft 6:46 p.m.; location unavailable.
- Male arrested for allegedly carrying concealed firearm on the 6700 block of Santa Rita Road at 3:06 a.m.
Friday, Oct. 12
- Vehicle reported stolen -- white 2007 Ford Econoline van -- 8:03 a.m. on 1100 Kolln Street.
- Residential burglary reported 3:58 p.m. on 3400 Andrews Drive; entry gained through unlocked garage.
- Tustin male, 33, arrested for suspected assault and battery 11:57 p.m. on 5300 Hopyard Road.
- San Leandro man, 52, arrested for alleged sex crimes, warrant and giving false identification to police 12:42 p.m. on 4200 Rosewood Drive.
- Shoplifting/burglary reported on 4500 Rosewood Drive at 9:34 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 11
- Stolen vehicle recovered along Porta Rossa Circle 11:21 a.m.
- Missing-person case filed 11:26 a.m. on the 5600 block of Golden Road.
- Thefts logged 3:17 p.m. and 6:47 p.m. on 1100 and 1300 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Robbery reported 7:32 p.m. on 5800 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Male, 41, arrested on warrant charges 4:47 p.m. on 4100 West Las Positas Boulevard.
Wednesday, Oct. 10
- Modesto male, 22, arrested for alleged public intoxication 4:13 a.m. on 6800 Santa Rita Road.
- Pleasanton male, 50, arrested for suspected domestic assault 3:30 a.m. on the 700 block of Donata Court.
- Burglaries reported: 11:31 a.m. on 400 Vineyard Place (access through unlocked bedroom window and $1,000 guitar and $900 laptop taken); 2:25 p.m. on 2500 Yolanda Court; 4:21 p.m. on the 2600 block of Vista Diablo Court.
Tuesday, Oct. 9
- Four San Francisco women, 22 and three at 20 years old, were arrested along 1 Stoneridge Mall Road about 9 p.m. for suspected shoplifting burglaries, stolen property and criminal conspiracy.
- Neighborhood on lockdown for possible burglary incident 12:24 p.m. on the 9400 block of Blessing Drive; another residential burglary 4:19 p.m., 3900 Fairlands Drive, with entry reportedly gained through unlocked garage door.
- Death investigated on 5500 West Las Positas Boulevard 12:53 p.m.
- Robbery and property damage reported 7:34 p.m. along 3900 McKinley Court.
- Commercial burglary reported 12:45 p.m. on the 4800 block of Hopyard Road.
- Male, 55, arrested 12:23 a.m. on Foothill Road at Bernal Avenue for alleged failure to register as sex offender
Monday, Oct. 8
- Minor in possession of marijuana on school grounds reported 9:34 a.m. on the 1100 block of Santa Rita Road.
- Dublin female, 38, arrested for suspected DUI 12:40 a.m. on 6000 Johnson Drive.
- Pleasanton male, 37, arrested for alleged domestic battery along 4500 Pleasanton Avenue 10:27 a.m.
- Vehicle reported stolen 1:56 p.m. on Junipero Street at Sunol Boulevard.
- Vandalism cited: 10:11 a.m. on 1800 Santa Rita Road; 2:34 p.m. on 7300 Johnson Drive.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrests: Pleasanton man, 27, 2:53 a.m. on 3800 Vineyard Avenue; Pleasanton woman, 43, 5:07 p.m. along 4100 Fairlands Drive.
- Burglaries reported 1:31 p.m. along 6400 Arlington Drive, and on 400 San Gabriel Court. in one of the cases.
- Danville female, 37, arrested for alleged drug-paraphernalia possession and shoplifting 9:02 p.m. on 1500 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Theft arrest of female, 42, 4:04 p.m. on 1500 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- in Livermore 11 a.m.
Sunday, Oct. 7
- Livermore man, 29, arrested 8:48 a.m. along 5100 Hopyard Road for alleged violation of protective order. His female companion was cited for giving false identification to police.
- Vehicle reported stolen 11:55 a.m. on 4000 Crest Court.
- Car break-in logged 11:20 a.m. on 7700 Knollbrook Drive.
- DUI arrests: Dublin man, 51, 11:04 p.m. on Hopyard Road at Inglewood Drive; Dublin man, 21, 11:58 p.m., location unavailable.
- Two public intoxication arrests: Pleasanton male, 42, 12:02 p.m. on the 4100 block of Churchill Drive; Pleasanton male, 50, 3900 Old Santa Rita Road at 8:24 p.m.
- Theft logged 3:54 p.m. on 4500 Carver Court.
- Fatal I-680 crash.
- National Fallen Firefighters Memorial Day.