On the heels of last week's reported from a Vineyard Avenue-corridor home, tens of thousands of dollars of jewelry was allegedly swiped Saturday from a residence off Stoneridge Drive.
Nearly $37,000 in jewelry was reported stolen from a home on the 2900 block of Garden Creek Circle, according to police.
Homeowners said the burgled goods disappeared sometime between Oct. 13 and Saturday, when the case was logged, files state.
Given the scads of Pleasanton break-ins of homes, cars and businesses, of late, could your block use a Neighborhood Watch?
The Pleasanton Police Department, along with law enforcement nationwide, advocates Neighborhood Watch groups as deterrents to crime.
Some 20 residents in north Livermore, fed up with graffiti, scofflaws, gang activity and overall criminal malfeasance, recently organized a Neighborhood Watch group -- and made their first order of business a boarded-up, abandoned house that was a magnet for trash dumping and nogoodniks, in general.
Police say such affiliations allow neighbors to get acquainted and care about each other, plus work together to recognize and report suspicious activities on their streets.
Crime-prevention strategies such as home security and "Operation Identification" are taught to and implemented by citizens.
Pleasanton police provide start-up tools and staff attend initial meetings to explain the program, processes involved and encourage involvement.
To learn more about the newly formed Livermore watch group, and view "before" and "after" pictures of the home clean-up,
In other area police news:
Saturday, Oct. 20
- Female cited for alleged shoplifting 5:07 p.m. on 1000 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Man arrested for suspected public intoxication 10:41 p.m. on 800 Main Street.
- Vandalism logged 12:09 a.m. on 3300 Santa Rita Road.
- Arrest for suspected driving under the influence made of male motorist 1:43 a.m. on 4200 First Street.
- Burglaries reported: 7:38 p.m. on 1000 Stoneridge Mall Road; 5:59 p.m. on 2900 Garden Creek Circle.
- Identity theft reported 12:35 p.m. on Carver Lane.
Friday, Oct. 19
- Vehicle reported stolen -- a white 2005 Ford van -- 11:41 a.m. on 7000 Johnson Drive.
- Suspected child abuse reported 3:50 p.m. on the 4100 block of School Street.
- Male arrested 12:51 a.m. on 1800 Santa Rita Road for allegedly using false identification to buy alcohol.
- Warrant served 5:52 p.m. on Hopyard Road at Owens Drive.
- Male arrested 8:01 p.m. on Touriga Drive at Vineyard Road for suspected possession of marijuana and drug-paraphernalia.
- Car break-in reported 8:08 a.m. on 7800 Canyon Meadows Circle, with tools estimated at $1,600 missing. Lock-punch used to open vehicle door.
- Two-vehicle, injury-accident 3 p.m. at intersection of Highway 84/Vallecitos Road and Ruby Hills Drive/Kalthoff Common.
- Fire at historic Livermore building ruled suspicious.
- Police campaign for bike helmets/safety.
- Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department starts three-day fire-training in vacant building near I-580 and Santa Rita Road.
Thursday, Oct. 18
- Missing-person case filed 7:02 p.m. on 4800 Bernal Avenue.
- Stolen vehicle recovered 7:01 a.m. on 2300 Foothill Road.
- DUI arrests: Pleasanton male, 21, 2:21 a.m. on 3500 Bernal Avenue; Pleasanton male, 43, 7:45 a.m., Sunol Boulevard at I-580; motorist 10:58 p.m. on Old Bernal Avenue at Augustine Street.
- Bicycle theft reported 8:51 a.m. along 4700 Black Avenue.
- Vehicular burglaries: 8:20 a.m. and 9:31 a.m. on 5900 Stoneridge Mall Road; 12:44 p.m. on 3800 Vineyard Avenue ($1,020 of items reported taken, including purse, iPod Touch, pink scooter and pink helmet); 8:42 p.m. on 4500 Pleasanton Avenue with a reported $1,050 loss of tools, speakers and iPod.
- Woman found dead in suspected Castro Valley arson case.
- Data released involving suspected sexual abuse in Boy Scouts organization.
Wednesday, Oct. 17
- Car break-ins reported: 9:40 a.m. along 3100 Half Dome Drive; 5 p.m. on 4700 Willow Road.
- Trespassing/prowling reported on the 3200 block of Monmouth Court 10:25 a.m.
- Pleasanton woman, 51, arrested for suspected DUI 8:57 p.m. on 6100 West Las Positas Boulevard.
- Domestic battery reported 7:29 p.m. along 6800 Santa Rita Road.
- Bicycle theft logged 9:36 a.m. on 4800 Bernal Avenue.
- Death investigated 9:04 p.m. on 4800 Bernal Avenue.
- Vehicle reported stolen -- a blue/green 1994 Saturn -- 3:22 p.m. on 2400 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Female arrested 6:11 p.m., alleged theft, 1000 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Burglaries included: 11:05 a.m. on 3600 Andrews Drive ($235 in tools reported missing); 11:09 a.m., 100 Birch Creek Terrace ($1,250 in computer electronics stolen); 5:34 a.m. on 50 California Avenue.
- Steven Carlson ordered to stand trial for alleged 1984 killing of Tina Faelz.
Tuesday, Oct. 16
- Assault and battery reported 8:54 p.m. along 5600 Owens Drive.
- Vandalism cited 6:30 a.m. on 7200 Valley Trails Drive.
- Car break-in logged 12:01 p.m. on 4600 Carson Court.
- Bicycle theft reported 4900 Valley Avenue at 12:21 p.m.
- Warrant served to Covina male 6:09 a.m. along 5100 Hopyard Road.
- Double arrest at 12:33 p.m. on Stoneridge Drive at Springdale Avenue: Danville man, 25, for suspected methamphetamine possession; and another man for alleged drug use/influence.
- Reward of $4,000 announced for return of pug Holly reportedly taken in Oct. 8 home burglary.
Monday, Oct. 15
- Fraud reported 11:59 a.m. along 7600 Canyon Meadows Circle.
- Theft logged 11:25 a.m. on 4300 Rosewood Drive.
- San Ramon man, 25, and San Ramon woman, 24, arrested 2:31 a.m. on 5300 Hopyard Road for suspected possession of false prescriptions, controlled substances, paraphernalia and warrants.
- Male arrested for alleged public intoxication 11:39 a.m. on 3700 Santa Rita Road.
- Warrants served 6:11 a.m. and 9:20 a.m. along 5100 Hopyard Road.
- Fremont male, 35, arrested for alleged possession of methamphetamine and parole violations 8:56 a.m. on 2000 Santa Rita Road.
- Report of armed person wearing clown mask at Livermore school was kid with airsoft gun.
- I-580 solo car crash may have been intentional.
Sunday, Oct. 14
- Residential burglary reported 11:23 a.m. on 3700 Angus Way.
- Vehicle reported stolen 4:39 p.m. on 5700 Owens Drive.
- Pleasanton male, 20, arrested for suspected use/influence of controlled substances 10:54 p.m. on Laurel Creek Drive at Dublin Canyon Road.
- Theft logged 12:26 p.m. on 5900 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- DUI arrests: Ashland male, 2:35 a.m., Bernal Avenue and Kottinger Drive; Pleasanton female, 28, 4:16 a.m. on 1800 Valley Avenue.
- Warrants served: 8:17 a.m. on Tamur Court at Kottinger Drive; to a female, 8:30 a.m., Hopyard Road and West Las Positas Boulevard.
- Separate incidents of women robbed of gold necklaces reported in Fremont.
Update/clarification: Last week's police log listed a $17,000 burglary heist at a Hopyard Road nightclub. The missing items were, in fact, from a vehicular burglary at the locale.