Temperatures hit 100-plus degrees Saturday, and, thankfully, the police let the dogs out.
Theresponded to two separate incidents around 5:30 p.m. of animals trapped in hot, locked vehicles.
A Hungarian Vizsla was left in a car parked at Stoneridge Mall; the owner returned to the car as police were investigating, reports state.
In the other case, officers called a towing company to a Hopyard Road shopping center to unlock a vehicle with a Chihuahua-mix dog inside, according to records.
Police report both dogs are fine; owners were cited.
In other news, a Pleasanton man made two trips to last week.
The 25-year-old was arrested the morning of June 11 for suspected public intoxication. He was booked, released, then re-arrested the following Thursday for the same charge.
As for court appearances, he has only one.
To date, arraignments for both arrests were combined for July 11.
And on Sunday morning in the downtown area, six cars were towed for violating the no-parking orders posted for the annual Pleasanton Rotary Spirit Run, records state.
The vehicles were towed between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m. from Main and St. Mary streets and Rose and Pleasanton avenues, police logs show.
Saturday, June 16
- Car break-in logged 1:28 a.m. on 11900 Dublin Canyon Road.
- Battery reported 1:44 a.m. on 3000 Hopyard Road.
- Narcotics and drug-paraphernalia possession reported at 8 p.m. along 6700 Bernal Avenue.
- Burglary recorded at 10:32 p.m. along 4000 Peregrine Way.
- Vandalism cited 11:29 a.m. on 5800 Northway Road.
- Animals left unattended in vehicles at 5:45 p.m. on 1000 Stoneridge Mall Road, and 5:46 p.m. on 4500 Hopyard Road.
Friday, June 15
- A Pleasanton man, 18, was arrested for suspected felony possession for sale of narcotics and drug-paraphernalia possession at 2:34 p.m. on the 7400 block of Amador Valley Boulevard in Dublin.
- Car break-ins logged 9:45 p.m. on 7800 Canyon Meadows Circle, and 10:46 p.m. on 9400 Blessing Drive.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrest made of a man at 11:05 p.m. on 5500 West Las Positas Boulevard.
- Pleasanton male, 35, was arrested 1:41 a.m. on Del Valle Parkway and Harvest Circle for suspected possession of controlled substances and paraphernalia.
- Fraud and identity theft filed at 5:44 p.m. on 3200 Picadilly Court; identity theft at 10:13 p.m. along 7100 West Woodbury Court.
- Embezzlement arrest made of a Tracy woman, 20, at 2:31 p.m. on 1400 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Vandalism cited 9 a.m. on 3400 Cornerstone Court.
- Fire 3 p.m. on 8500 Calaveras Road, Sunol.
Thursday, June 14
- Burglary logged 8:46 p.m. on the 2300 block of Meadowlark Drive.
- A Pleasanton man, 25 was arrested for alleged public intoxication at 7:41 p.m. on 4200 Rosewood Drive.
- Grand theft reported: 9:46 a.m. on 5800 Owens Drive; 11:39 a.m. on the 7100 block of Moss Tree Way; 12:33 p.m. on 10700 Foothill Road.
- Identity theft filed at 4:28 p.m. on 1400 White Stable Drive.
- Suspected bribery of state employee recorded at 10:55 a.m. on 6300 West Las Positas Boulevard.
- Female motorist, 35 from Pleasanton, arrested for DUI at 11 p.m. along 4100 Francisco Street.
- Fire service.
Wednesday, June 13
- Vehicle reported stolen 7:22 a.m. on 5500 Northway Road.
- Vandalism cited 9:59 a.m. on 7500 Stonedale Drive, and 10:05 a.m. on 4300 Black Avenue.
- Identity theft recorded at 12:15 p.m. along 5700 Dalton Creek Way.
- Thefts included: 2:13 p.m. and 8:41 p.m. along 1300 Stoneridge Mall Road; 2:15 p.m. on 300 Kottinger Drive.
- Marijuana possession reported at 5:43 p.m. on Harvest Circle at Winter Court.
- Dog(s) at-large at 7:57 p.m. on 1000 Kolln Street.
Tuesday, June 12
- Pleasanton male, 20, arrested at 3:44 p.m. on 1000 Stoneridge Mall Road for alleged vehicle and petty theft.
- Identity thefts logged: 12:12 p.m. on 2600 Curry Street; 4:11 p.m. on 4400 Rosewood Drive.
- Thefts reported: 9:11 a.m. on 3400 Smoketree Commons Drive; 9:52 a.m. on 4600 Willow Road; 8:05 p.m. on 11900 Dublin Canyon Road; 9:58 p.m. on 1300 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Theft using access card logged 3:12 p.m. on 1000 Zinfandel Court.
- Residential burglary reported 12:37 p.m. on 32300 Palomares Road.
- Controlled-substance and paraphernalia possession arrest made of a Pleasanton male, 24, at 7:25 a.m. along 7700 Driftwood Lane.
- Pleasanton man at San Leandro Marina.
- Pleasanton family for damage/robbery/theft.
- Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department airlift to hospital from Holmes Street in Livermore.
Monday, June 11
- Female, 19, arrested on 1300 Stoneridge Mall Road at 4:10 p.m. for suspected narcotics and paraphernalia possession and theft.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrests: Pleasanton male, 25, at 6:29 a.m. on 4400 Valley Avenue; male, 54, 2:49 p.m. on 1800 Santa Rita Road; individual at 7:58 p.m. on St. Mary Street at Peters Avenue.
- Vandalism on 2300 Meadowlark Drive logged at 8:14 a.m.
- Male, 38, arrested for alleged trespassing and contempt of court along 5800 Owens Drive at 4:54 a.m.
- DUI arrest of Pleasanton male, 18, at 11:05 p.m. on Greenwood and Raven roads.
- Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department respond to explosion, at 11:15 p.m. on Palomino Road in Livermore's Springtown.
- Possible suicide/death investigated on the 2000 block of Santa Rita Road at 11:59 p.m.
- Apparent suicide .
Sunday, June 10
- Arson report investigated at the 3000 block of Hopyard Road at 9:32 p.m.
- Burglary reported at 8:42 p.m. along 4400 Holland Drive.
- Motorist on probation arrested for DUI at 3:17 a.m. on 6300 Sunol Boulevard.
- Vandalism along 3800 Vineyard Avenue cited 10:37 a.m.
- Thefts recorded 3:26 p.m. along 4500 Rosewood Drive, and 7 p.m. on 1400 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Car break-in on 4600 Mohr Avenue at 11:21 a.m., with loss of $100 iPod and $10 in coins.
- A woman, 37, San Leandro, was arrested for suspected DUI, possession and use of narcotics at 1:43 a.m. on 6800 Santa Rita Road by
- Fatal hit-and-run on in San Ramon reported at 7 p.m.