There was a fast and furious towing of vehicles early Sunday from the streets of downtown Pleasanton.
Seventeen cars were towed from the no-parking zones set up for the day's , according to the .
In other news, an overnight drop-box at an Owens Drive auto dealership was vandalized and five car keys stolen over the weekend.
reported to police that sometime between 7 p.m. Friday and 8:45 a.m. Saturday five black and silver keys equipped with computer chips and valued at $1,500 were stolen from the drop-box, reports show.
Damage to the drop-box was estimated at $200; no cars were reported missing.
And a Pleasanton man, arrested in April for domestic battery, was rearrested shortly after midnight Saturday again for suspected domestic assault -- but this time with additional charges for alleged kidnapping, damaging property, destroying a communication device and contempt of court violations, according to court records.
The man was apprehended -- the day after his 35th birthday -- at 12:41 a.m. by police. The arrest location was unavailable; the April incident was on the 2000 block of Santa Rita Road.
The suspect, who listed his occupation as warehouse worker in inmate filings, is in custody at the in Dublin with $130,000 bail; arraignment was Monday at the in Pleasanton, records state.
Saturday, Aug. 4
- Grand theft and property damage reported 8:46 a.m. on the 5800 block of Owens Drive.
- Death investigated 7:37 a.m. along 5100 Springdale Avenue.
- A man, 21, was arrested at 12:24 a.m. for suspected probation violations and disorderly conduct on 3700 Hopyard Road.
- Male, 35 arrested at 12:41 a.m. for suspected domestic battery, kidnapping, damaging property and contempt of court. Location arrest is unknown.
Friday, Aug. 3
- Two women were arrested for suspected burglary at 11:44 a.m. along 1600 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Theft reported 8:22 a.m. along 5600 Owens Drive.
- Minors breaking curfew logged 10:22 p.m. on Hansen Drive at Paseo Santa Cruz.
- Death investigated 7:42 p.m. on the 4500 block of Sierrawood Lane.
- A man in his 20s supermarket on Crow Canyon Road in San Ramon.
Thursday, Aug. 2
- Vehicle reported stolen 6:33 p.m. along 5800 Santa Rita Road.
- Thefts logged 6:27 p.m. and 6:33 p.m. along 1300 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Driving under the influence arrests: male, 38, 12:33 a.m. on Mohr Avenue and Tanager Drive; male, 45, 1:16 a.m. on 6700 Santa Rita Road; male, 21, 2:21 a.m. on Main and Ray streets; male at 9:43 p.m. on 4200 First Street.
- Telephone harrassment reported 10:30 a.m. on the 2300 block of Santa Rita Road.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrest made 11:10 a.m. on 1600 Santa Rita Road.
- Court for accused of sex with student.
Wednesday, Aug. 1
- Stolen vehicle recovered 10:02 a.m. on 3700 Hopyard Road.
- Car break-in logged 11:34 a.m. on 5700 Owens Drive with a reported $170 loss of a wallet, perfume and gift cards.
- Theft from vehicle logged 9:37 a.m. along 1600 Whispering Oaks Way with a reported $2,400 loss of a camera, camera battery, sunglasses, coffee mugs, backpack and iPad.
- Vandalism cited 6:24 p.m. on Neal and First streets.
- DUI arrest made of a Murrieta woman, 21, 11:22 p.m. on Foothill Road at Deer Oaks Drive.
- Pleasanton female, 33, arrested on the 4100 block of Francisco Street at 11:17 p.m. for alleged battery and property damage.
- Crime Stoppers issue .
- Police identify .
- on suspicion of Tri-Valley car burglaries.
Tuesday, July 31
- Minors breaking curfew logged 12:43 a.m. on Bernal and Pleasanton avenues.
- Grand theft reported 10:28 a.m. on 4600 Chabot Drive.
- Thefts logged: 9:15 a.m. on 4800 Bernal Avenue; 10:08 a.m. on 3700 Saratoga Way; 2:45 p.m. on 2100 Stoneridge Mall Road; 3:45 p.m. on 7800 Canyon Meadows Circle.
- Vandalism cited: 6:01 a.m. along 1300 Santa Rita Road; 4:48 p.m. on 5700 Owens Drive.
Monday, July 30
- Skaters/skateboarders cited for not wearing helmets on the 7300 block of Johnson Drive at 3:26 p.m.
- Pleasanton man, 19, arrested for alleged controlled-substance possession at 11:38 p.m. on West Las Positas Boulevard and Martin Avenue.
- Vandalism logged 9:06 a.m. on 4500 First Street.
- Open-container alcohol violation cited 5:20 p.m. on 1700 Santa Rita Road.
- Identity theft reported 4:04 p.m. on 8000 Dorothea Court.
- Thefts reported 7:18 a.m. and 9:13 a.m. on 1500 East Gate Way, and 2:32 a.m. on 2400 Pomino Way.
Sunday, July 29
- A San Jose man, 48, was arrested on Singletree Way and Payne Road at 2:35 a.m. for suspicion of loitering, possession of burglary tools, drug possession and a felony warrant.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrests made of a Hayward male, 58, at 7:58 p.m. on 1600 East Gate Way, and Pleasanton male, 22, on Valley and Blackbird avenues at 1:14 a.m.
- Car break-in logged 6:14 p.m. along 7000 Johnson Drive.
- An Oakland female, 21, was arrested at 5:10 p.m. on 1600 Stoneridge Mall Road for suspected grand theft and giving false identification to officers.
- Theft cited 6:45 p.m. on 4500 Rosewood Drive.
- A San Ramon male, 22, was arrested for suspected possession of controlled substances, paraphernalia and being under the influence on Willow Road and Owens Drive at 10:26 p.m.