In the seeming midst of a citywide wave of graffiti, police on Saturday afternoon reportedly snared two 19-year-olds spray-painting a downtown bridge. Read the full story here.
In other news last week, smashed car windows and busted locks resulted from vehicular burglaries that, in some cases, netted thieves practically zip.
A mere $30 was scored mid-week from a Reflections Drive car break-in with a window broken, and, on the same day, a locked car on Dublin Canyon Road was pried open for its loot -- a backpack valued at $40.
In another vehicular burglary on Sutter Gate Avenue, repairing the car lock damaged by a pry tool will likely cost more than replacing the vehicle manual -- which is all thieves snagged, police said.
In other area crime news:
Saturday, Feb. 23
- Four DUI arrests: male, 31, 1:24 a.m. on Santa Rita Road at Lockhart Lane; male, 24, 1:32 a.m. on 4300 Valley Avenue; female, 56, 11:01 p.m. Main Street at Bernal Avenue; male, 32, 11:27 p.m. on Santa Rita at Stoneridge Drive.
- Bicycle theft logged 12:02 p.m. on the 1600 block of East Gate Way.
- Female, 25, arrested for alleged battery on 1800 Santa Rita Road 11:06 p.m.
- Female, 27, arrested 10:25 p.m. on 1400 Stoneridge Mall Road for alleged burglary, forged identification, illegal personal-identity and access-card use and probation violations.
- Double arrest of two males, both 19, 3:51 p.m. on the 3900 block of First Street for reportedly defacing property.
- Foothill High School teen reported missing.
Friday, Feb. 22
- Residential burglaries reported: 8:05 a.m. on 3400 Andrews Drive, with access through garage and $500 tools plus helmet taken; 12:44 p.m. on 1500 East Gate Way, access through garage and two mountain bikes worth $1,635 missing; 3:35 p.m. along 4300 Payne Road with a reported $4,000 loss of laptops, television and camera.
- Fraud reported 10:42 a.m. on the 3700 block of Pimlico Drive.
- Domestic battery logged 12:47 p.m. along 1600 East Gate Way.
- Graffiti cited 1:47 p.m. on 3500 Bernal Avenue.
- Double theft arrest made 6:13 p.m. on 1500 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Car break-in 8:17 a.m. on the 3000 block of Tonapah Circle with reported $130 loss of two gym bags and cash.
- Female arrested 4:56 p.m. on 5100 Hopyard Road for suspected drug-paraphernalia possession.
- Female arrested 6:57 p.m. for suspected theft on 4500 Rosewood Drive.
Thursday, Feb. 21
- Graffiti reported 9:40 a.m. along 3500 Bernal Avenue, and 9:13 p.m. on Laguna Creek Lane at Valley Avenue; vandalism at 11:25 a.m. along 3900 Valley Avenue.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrest of Livermore male, 35, 8:15 p.m. on 4400 Black Avenue.
- Bicycle theft logged 7:28 p.m. on 1500 East Gate Way.
- Burglaries: 6:11 a.m. on 1100 Santa Rita Road; 9:32 p.m. on 7000 Johnson Avenue.
- Thefts: 5:32 p.m. on 3100 Santa Rita Road; 8 p.m. on 1300 Santa Rita; 10:37 p.m. on 5700 Owens Drive.
- Male cited 2:03 a.m. on Denker and Inglewood drives for alleged unlawful registration display.
- Fraud filed 11:04 a.m. on 5900 Stoneridge Drive.
- Warrant arrest made 3:38 a.m. on 6300 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Entertainer MC Hammer arrested by Dublin Police Services for reported police obstruction.
Wednesday, Feb. 20
- Warrant arrest made of male 5:02 a.m. on 5500 West Las Positas Boulevard.
- Car break-ins reported: 12:33 p.m. on the 3700 block of Reflections Drive with a window smashed and $30 cash taken; 8:35 p.m. along 11900 Dublin Canyon Road with a reported $40 loss of a backpack and a pry tool used to gain access.
- Theft from unlocked vehicle logged 9:36 a.m. along 4400 Clovewood Lane, with tools valued at $2,140 stolen.
- Disturbing-the-peace case filed 12:10 p.m. along 4600 Bernal Avenue.
- Injury accident midnight on I-580 at North Flynn Road.
Tuesday, Feb. 19
- Attempted robbery reported 2:12 a.m. at a third-floor motel room on 5300 Owens Court, when a woman said a man in her room demanded cash, broke her room's window and fled empty-handed.
- Graffiti reported: 10:37 a.m. on 5300 Sunol Boulevard; 10:42 a.m. on Touriga and Palomino drives.
- Vandalism logged 8:14 a.m. along 4700 Muirwood Drive.
- Theft on 4400 Black Avenue reported 7:25 a.m. of $1,000 copper wire and $500 fencing.
- Car break-in reported 6:55 a.m. on the 4400 block of Sutter Gate Avenue with pry tool used on car lock and a vehicle manual missing.
- Thefts from vehicles: 4400 Sutter Gate Avenue 8:18 a.m. with a $20 wallet containing $20 taken; 8:18 a.m. along 2000 Raven Road with a $40 wallet, $500 U.S. residency card and $3,000 cash stolen.
- Arrest for suspected battery made 12:35 p.m. on 6100 Stoneridge Mall Road.
Monday, Feb. 18
- Graffiti cited: 7:29 a.m. on 5800 Parkside Drive; 1:48 p.m. on 500 St. Thomas Way.
- Death investigated 9:44 a.m. on the 200 block of Kottinger Drive.
- Two car break-ins reported 3:03 p.m. in the Sears parking lot on 1700 Stoneridge Mall Road. Both vehicles reportedly had windows smashed -- $1,050 of camera gear and backpack taken in one incident, and a laptop, iPad and wallet, valued at $2,100, stolen in the other.
- Double arrest 2:05 p.m. on the 600 block of Merlot Court: Livermore male, 35, (previously arrested Feb. 17 for drug-related offenses on Norton Way) for alleged drug-paraphernalia possession and being under the influence; Pleasanton female, 19, for suspected possession of controlled substances and paraphernalia.
- Fremont business park evacuated by Alameda County Bomb Squad after duct-taped packages found.
Sunday, Feb. 17
- Livermore man, 35, arrested 1:11 a.m. along 3400 Norton Way for suspected drug-paraphernalia and false prescription possession, and use/influence of controlled substances.
- DUI arrest of Santa Rosa male, 47, 12:01 a.m. along 3700 Hopyard Road.
- Car break-ins reported: 1:03 a.m. and 1:12 a.m. near Redcoats Pub along 300 St. Mary Street; 10:40 a.m. on 1500 Trimingham Drive; 11:55 p.m. on 4000 Peregrine Way.
- Warrant arrest 3:01 p.m. on Santa Rita Road at Valley Avenue.
- Double theft arrest of two males logged 6 p.m. along 1400 Stoneridge Mall Road.
Anyone who may have witnessed or has information regarding the listed incidents is encouraged to call Pleasanton police at (925) 931-5100.