A motorist said she was unexpectedly blinded by the setting sun when hitting a motorcyclist Thursday near , according to witnesses at the accident scene.
The driver was making a left turn from Jensen Street onto Main Street/Santa Rita Road at approximately 7:45 p.m. when she reportedly struck a man on a motorcycle, sending him flying and trapping his bike underneath her car.
Reportedly traveling northbound on Santa Rita, the man was thrown from his motorcycle after the collision and landed in the street, witnesses said.
He was seen sitting up, telling rescue workers that he thought he was OK, and was later transported to a hospital for further examination, they said.
The motorist, meanwhile, appeared distraught and told witnesses that after turning onto Main "all she saw was sunshine," a bystander said.
Area residents said they long for a traffic light at Jensen and Santa Rita as the intersection can be troublesome.
In other police news:
Saturday, July 28
- Vandalism cited 10:15 a.m. on 2100 Goldcrest Circle, and 11:36 p.m. along 1800 Santa Rita Road.
- A male, 53, was arrested at 1:34 p.m. on 5300 Hopyard Road for suspected public intoxication, resisting arrest and battery of an officer.
- Suspected driving under the influence arrests made of a female, 33, 1:32 a.m. on Nevis Street and Santa Rita Road, and at 2:28 a.m. on Crestline Road and Black Avenue of a man, 23.
Friday, July 27
- Residential burglary reported at 6:30 a.m. on the 3400 block of Cumberland Gap Court. A bathroom window was reportedly smashed to gain access, and missing were $4,000 of tools, 10 albums of sports cards valued at $1,000, and $1,050 of electronics.
- A red 1996 Honda Civic was reported stolen at 1:10 a.m. along 6800 Santa Rita Road.
- Stolen vehicle recovered 3:15 a.m. on 6800 Santa Rita Road.
- Car break-in logged 8:02 p.m. on 5800 Owens Drive.
- Identity thefts filed at 4:51 p.m. on 3300 Norton Way, and 5:59 p.m. along 4100 Walnut Drive.
- Male motorist arrested for alleged DUI 12:26 a.m. on Sunol Boulevard at Sycamore Road.
- A man was arrested at 12:02 a.m. along 4300 Fairlands Drive for suspected appropriation of lost property and being under the influence of controlled substances.
Thursday, July 26
- Thefts reported: 1:09 p.m. on 5800 Parkside Drive; 10:35 p.m. on 2200 Segundo Court; 11:39 a.m. from a vehicle on 1300 Stoneridge Mall Road with a reported $1,000 loss of a purse, wallet, prescription pills and bank cards.
- Warrant arrest made of a man, 40, 1:35 a.m. on 1100 Kottinger Drive, and of another individual at 3:48 a.m. along 3600 Old Santa Rita Road.
- DUI arrests: Pleasanton male, 19, 12:07 a.m. on Paseo Santa Cruz and Corte Del Oro; male at 11:30 p.m. on 1100 Santa Rita Road, also cited for suspended license.
- Marijuana possession reported 3:19 p.m. on the 3400 block of Dennis Drive.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrest: male, 11:38 p.m., on 800 Main Street.
- Paraphernalia possession logged 5:11 p.m. along 300 Main Street.
Wednesday, July 25
- Marijuana possession reported 1:50 p.m. on 400 Boulder Court.
- Car break-in logged 9:13 p.m. on 1300 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Animal bite reported 8:19 p.m. on Santa Rita Road and Mohr Avenue.
- Battery reported 2:23 p.m. along 7800 Meadowbrook Court.
- A man was arrested for alleged property destruction at 2:39 a.m. along 6000 Sterling Greens Circle.
- Pleasanton female, 25, arrested for public intoxication 2:22 a.m. along 4500 Rosewood Drive.
- Vandalism cited 9:05 a.m. on Moreno Avenue at Stoneridge Drive.
- Identity theft logged 9:58 a.m. on 5700 West Las Positas Boulevard.
- Warrant arrest 7:09 a.m. on 100 Wyoming Street.
- Telephone harrassment reported 2:27 p.m. along 1000 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Illegal furnishing of controlled substances and filing false police report recorded at 9:57 a.m. on the 4100 block of Dorman Road.
Tuesday, July 24
- Animal bite reported 5:47 p.m. on the 6500 block of Calle Altimira.
- Pleasanton male, 40, arrested for alleged public intoxication 8:21 p.m. on 4200 Rosewood Drive.
- Burglary reported 10:55 a.m. on 7300 Johnson Drive.
- Vehicle reported stolen 9:51 a.m. on 5600 Stoneridge Drive.
- Shoplifting arrests made on 4500 Rosewood Drive of a female at 3:30 p.m., and a male, 5:47 p.m.
- Battery reported 11:09 a.m. on 3500 Mercato Court.
- Contempt of court violation reported 7:28 p.m. along 4800 Bernal Avenue.
- BART police .
Monday, July 23
- Car break-in reported 6:44 p.m. along 6100 Homer Court with resulting $4,000 loss of stereo equipment.
- Three males were arrested at 6:36 p.m. along 6000 Sterling Greens Circle for alleged trespassing on railroad property.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrests: Hayward man, 21, 11:40 p.m. on 5100 Hopyard Road; male, 10:17 p.m., 3500 Santa Rita Road.
- Theft of copper wire and vandalism of utility box cited on Stoneridge Drive with a reported $600 loss.
- Male arrested for alleged possession of drug paraphernalia 11:15 a.m. on the 4500 block of Fisher Court.
Sunday, July 22
- DUI arrest made of a Fremont man, 21, at 12:52 a.m. along 5100 Hopyard Road.
- A Fairfield woman, 21, was arrested at 5:27 p.m. on 1600 Stoneridge Mall Road for suspected shoplifting, forgery and illegal use of bank-access cards. Her female companion, 21, San Mateo, was arrested for allegedly giving false identification to officers.
- Car break-in logged 4:53 p.m. along 4700 Willow Road.
- Forgery/fraud reported 1:52 p.m. on 3800 West Las Positas Boulevard.