A suspected drunken driver lead police on an early morning, high-speed chase last week from Stoneridge Drive to Concord, reaching speeds of 105 mph, before yielding to law enforcement.
Ernest Najar, 51, from San Jose, was initially stopped for an unsafe turn by the at roughly 3:45 a.m. July 15 on Stoneridge Drive near the mall, according to records.
As the officer approached his older-model Chevy pickup, Najar allegedly accelerated, made an illegal U-turn, and drove onto southbound I-680.
Pursued by the Pleasanton police, the suspect reportedly exited at Bernal Avenue, sideswiped his truck on the guard rail, and then proceeded back onto I-680, this time heading north, records state.
Najar reportedly reached speeds of 105 mph before finally yielding near the Highway 4 exit to Concord to the California Highway Patrol, which took over the chase, files show.
Najar was arrested for suspected DUI, reckless driving and evading officers, according to police.
He is currently incarcerated with a $250,000 bail at the in Dublin, and a Thursday pre-trial hearing set at the in Pleasanton.
In other news, today marks exactly two months since a and left along Dublin Canyon Road.
Despite releasing a facial sketch, photos of her jewelry, and checking fingerprint and DNA databases, police have no leads as to the Jane Doe's identity.
The receptacle in which the woman was discovered matches no municipality, and of the woman's teeth is next in hopes of an identification, police announced last week.
The Alameda County coroner's determined no cause or time of death due to decomposition.
The woman's was likely in her 20s, but her age could span from 18 to 40 years old, police said. She was likely Asian or Hispanic with shoulder-length dark hair, 5 feet 6 inches tall, 130 pounds, wearing an Old Navy shirt and pajama bottoms, blue fingernail polish, red toenail polish and had three ear piercings in each ear with distinctive earrings.
Anyone who may have information regarding the May 24 incident is urged to contact police at (925) 931-5100.
Also last week:
Saturday, July 21
- Burglary reported on the 3700 block of Santa Rita Road at 2:42 p.m.
- Grand theft by fraud and identity theft reported on the 1600 block of Ramblewood Way at 3:03 p.m.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrest made at 1:01 a.m. on Main and Ray streets.
Friday, July 20
- Car break-ins logged: 2:44 a.m. along 4500 Rosewood Drive; 1:50 p.m. on 1700 Santa Rita Road.
- DUI reported 10:40 p.m. on West Angela and Augustine streets.
- Battery incidents investigated at 11:11 a.m. along 3900 Promenade Way, and 1:37 p.m. on 2800 Victoria Ridge Court.
- Fake identification incident reported along 5800 Owens Drive at 9:24 a.m.
- Suspected public intoxication and threatening police filed on the 2100 block of Cascara Court at 9:40 p.m.
- confirmed murder-suicide.
- for abuse of Pleasanton girl.
Thursday, July 19
- Burglaries logged 3:34 p.m. on 1600 Stoneridge Mall Road, and 6:58 p.m. on 3700 Kamp Drive.
- DUIs reported: 1:50 a.m. on 4400 Sutter Gate Avenue; 11:08 p.m. on Peters Avenue at St. Mary Street.
- Car break-in reported 11:13 p.m. along 4600 Chabot Drive. Access reportedly gained through a smashed window, and items valued at roughly $700 stolen, including an iPad, computer keyboard and leather computer bag with the word "Relic" on the front.
- Embezzlement reported 10:18 a.m. along 2800 Hopyard Road.
- Suspected child pornography incident reported 10:03 a.m. on the 3200 block of Northampton Court.
- , 48, at BART in Dublin.
- NFL's with suspected DUI.
Wednesday, July 18
- Disturbing the peace/noise complaint filed 10 p.m. along 1 Greens Lane.
- Death investigated 7:25 a.m. on the 6200 block of Gibson Court.
- DUI reported 8:54 p.m. on Hacienda and Owens drives.
- A female was cited for unlawful display of vehicle registration at noon on 6800 Santa Rita Road.
- Vehicular burglary logged 9:41 a.m. on the 5700 block of San Carlos Way with a reported $800 loss of electronics and boots.
- Reports of mail theft and vandalism filed at 11:58 a.m. and 12:19 p.m on the 5900 block of Laurel Creek Drive.
Tuesday, July 17
- Warrant arrests made 12:17 a.m. along 300 Rose Avenue, and 12:14 p.m. on 5200 Case Avenue.
- Vehicles reported stolen: 4:19 p.m. along 4800 Bernal Avenue; 7:14 p.m. on 11500 Dublin Canyon Road.
- Thefts cited: 11:31 a.m. on 5800 Valley Avenue; 3:56 p.m. on 3400 Cornerstone Court; 6:20 p.m. on 1500 Stoenridge Mall Road.
- DUI arrest made of a male motorist at 10:37 p.m. on Sutter Gate Avenue at Santa Rita Road.
- An individual reported using/under influence of controlled substances at 3:36 p.m. along 4300 Stoneridge Drive.
- Car break-ins: 7 a.m. on 700 Country Club Circle; 7:18 a.m. on 4800 Bernal Avenue; 7:36 a.m. on 5300 Case Avenue; 8:13 a.m. on 4700 Willow Road; 10:39 a.m. on 4300 Valley Avenue.
Monday, July 16
- Pleasanton man arrested at 10:17 a.m. along 1800 Valley Avenue for reportedly possessing methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia.
- A Pleasanton male, 19, was arrested for suspected possession of drug paraphernalia and methamphetamine for sale at 3:45 a.m. on the 3900 block of Kern Court.
- A Brentwood man, 78, was arrested for suspected DUI at 1:05 a.m. on Hopyard Road at Valley Avenue.
- Two reports of individuals using/under influence of controlled substances: 11:28 a.m. on 5600 Stoneridge Drive; 6:07 p.m. on Hacienda Drive at I-580. Cases filed by Dublin Police Services.
Sunday, July 15
- A San Jose man, 51 was arrested for suspected DUI, reckless driving, evading officers in pursuit beginning at about 3:45 a.m. on Stoneridge Drive.
- An Oakland female, 22, was arrested at 8:50 p.m. along 1400 Stoneridge Mall Road for alleged shoplifting.
- An Alameda woman, 24, was arrested at 7:38 p.m. on 1600 Stoneridge Mall road for suspected theft, parole violations and a warrant.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrest made 11:28 p.m. on Foothill and Kilkare roads by Alameda County Sheriff's deputies.
- Vandalism cited 4:01 p.m. along 5400 Black Avenue.