Gone, Honda, gone.
Older-model Hondas routinely rank tops nationwide among the most stolen vehicles, and that appears true in Pleasanton, as well.
The logged two stolen-vehicle reports last week -- one for a gold 1996 Honda Accord, reported missing by its owner Thursday from the 5600 block of Owens Drive.
Accords and Civics, models made in the 1990s, are frequently swiped from around town, according to a quick scan of Pleasanton police records.
Two Hondas were reported , and also in , files show.
So, what's up with that?
The cars, apparently, are relatively easy to break into, plus the parts are valuable and the engines are sought after by street racers, news reports state.
Experts suggest older-Honda owners install tracking systems or alarms to deter thieves.
In other police news:
"Finders, keepers, losers, weepers" is a light-hearted adage. But actually acting on it can bring legal ramifications, as one man learned last week.
The suspect, 27, was arrested Wednesday for allegedly "appropriating lost property for (his) own use, without making efforts to locate the owners and restore the property to them."
The property in question? A bicycle.
Saturday, May 19
- A male, 23, was arrested for suspected driving under the influence at 1:51 a.m. on Santa Rita Road at Valley Avenue.
- Vandalism logged at 8:55 a.m. along 3400 West Ruby Hill Drive, and on Benjamin Court at 2:10 p.m.
- Suspected public intoxication cited at 11:02 p.m. on Foothill Road at Bernal Avenue.
- Car break-ins reported at 3:04 p.m. and 7:31 p.m. on the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road resulted in losses of a $450 stereo system in one case, and an Alpine in-dash radio in the other.
Friday, May 18
- Battery reported at 12:08 p.m. along 4000 Pimlico Drive.
- DUI reported on 4000 Pimlico Drive at 4:10 p.m.
- Vandalism logged at 4:58 p.m. on 1800 Santa Rita Road.
- A 34-year-old female was arrested at 12:06 a.m. on Tawny Drive at Bernal Avenue for suspected sale and possession of controlled substances.
- Car break-in at 10:58 a.m. at the acquatic center on the 4400 block of Black Avenue resulted in a reported $90 loss of a purse, wallet and credit cards.
- Theft reported at 5:11 p.m. on 4700 Willow Road.
Thursday, May 17
- Report of a knife on school grounds filed at 11:31 a.m. on the 1100 block of Santa Rita Road.
- Death investigated on the 900 block of Rose Avenue at 11:43 a.m.
- Burglary reported at 5:59 p.m. along 4500 Rosewood Drive.
- Telephone harrassment cited on California Avenue at 1:16 p.m.
- Vehicle reported stolen at 8:38 a.m. along 5600 Owens Drive.
- Suspected drug-paraphernalia possession reported at 10:37 p.m. along 1100 Santa Rita Road.
- Car break-in and theft of an iPhone, stereo and cash reported at 7:41 a.m. on the 2900 block of Liberty Drive.
- Thefts reported at 9:16 a.m. on 5300 Case Avenue and at 12:12 p.m. along 5100 Monaco Drive.
- Wild fire 2 p.m. on Highway 84 behind Ruby Hill.
Wednesday, May 16
- Thefts logged at 7:28 p.m. along 4500 Rosewood Drive, and at 10:20 p.m. on 6000 Johnson Drive.
- A man was arrested for suspected public intoxication and police obstruction at 4:09 p.m. along 400 Main Street.
- A man, 27, was arrested for alleged appropriation of stolen property at 11:55 p.m. on the 7000 block of Pleasanton Avenue.
- Criminal threats reported at 8:50 p.m. on the 2900 block of Kilkare Road.
- A male was arrested for alleged protective-order violation at 8:20 p.m. on the 3900 block of Vineyard Avenue.
Tuesday, May 15
- Theft filed at 9:07 a.m. along 4500 Augustine Street.
- Vandalism logged at 11:08 a.m. on Autumn Court at Harvest Circle.
- A woman was arrested for suspected theft at 6:55 p.m. along 1500 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Protective-order violation reported at 11:37 p.m. along 3600 Andrews Drive.
Monday, May 14
- Burglaries reported at 12:02 p.m. along 5900 Stoneridge Drive, and 6:10 p.m. on 2500 Santa Rita Road.
- DUIs logged at 4:20 p.m. on 6800 Santa Rita Road, and 10:19 p.m. on Jensen Street at Santa Rita.
- Trespassing incident cited at 6:10 p.m. along 2500 Santa Rita Road.
- Embezzlement reported at 9 a.m. on the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Vandalism included: 6:51 a.m. on 6200 Ruxton Court; 11:21 a.m. on 7000 Pleasanton Avenue; 2:48 p.m. on 500 Kottinger Drive.
- Felony extortion reported at 12:59 p.m. on the 6600 block of Owens Drive.
- Thefts filed: 2:26 p.m. on 1500 Stoneridge Mall Road; 5:03 p.m. on 4800 Hopyard Road; 6:56 p.m. on 1300 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Suspected protective-order violation reported at 11:28 a.m. on the 3400 block of Norton Way.
Sunday, May 13
- A Pleasanton man, 18, was arrested for suspected narcotics and paraphernalia possession at 10:51 p.m. on Sutter Gate Avenue at Santa Rita Road.
- Battery reported at 3:48 p.m. along 4500 Rosewood Drive.
- Vehicle reported stolen on 4500 Black Avenue at 2:06 p.m.
- Grand theft logged on 200 West Angela Street at 1:24 p.m.