A 20-year-old woman from Galt was reportedly arrested on suspicion of felony DUI in connection with a car crash last week that killed a female passenger near the Bernal Avenue exit on I-680, according to news reports.
No charges are filed, Alameda County deputy district attorney Teresa Drenick said on Monday.
"This matter remains under investigation, and has not been referred to the District Attorney's Office for review," Drenick said.
Megan Emslander, 20, was arrested Aug. 18 by on suspicion of driving under the influence resulting in bodily injury, reports state.
Her passenger, Samantha Emslander, 22, also from Galt in Sacramento County, was pronounced dead at the scene of the on northbound I-680, according to Dublin CHP and the Alameda County Coroner's Bureau.
The relationship between Megan and Samantha could not be confirmed.
The pair were traveling in a convertible that crashed into a ditch on the side of the Bernal Avenue on-ramp, authorities said.
Initial investigations by law enforcement indicated the driver may have fallen asleep behind the wheel.
Funeral services for Samantha, an Air Force reservist and college student, were held Thursday and Friday in Sacramento.
In other news last week, a 31-year-old man, who while driving around a Livermore parking lot, was arrested for suspected DUI in connection with the incident.
The story, which has garnered nationwide attention since it was first published by Livermore Patch, began Wednesday when the suspect, Jon Buna, went to a storage facility on Rutan Drive near Airway Boulevard where he had his two-door BMW parked.
Buna apparently got into the vehicle and began driving recklessly around the parking lot, according to the .
He reportedly stopped the car and a frightened female passenger exited the vehicle, however, the driver's door was open and Buna's left foot was hanging down outside the car, reports state.
The woman "thought it looked like he was going to get out of the car," officer Traci Rebiejo said. "But then she heard the engine rev, and it quickly accelerated to about 20 mph in a reversed arch."
The BMW then collided into a parked trailer before hitting a three-foot safety pole and side-swiping a storage locker door encased with protruding cement cinder blocks that separate the storage units.
It appears Buna's foot was completely severed at the ankle when it became trapped between cinder blocks and the vehicle, Rebiejo said.
The injured Buna then parked his vehicle, and the woman called for help, police said.
In other news:
Friday, Aug. 24
- DUI arrest made of a male motorist, 34, at 1:57 a.m.; location is unavailable.
- A man, 21, was cited for warrant-related charges at 6:15 a.m.; location is unavailable.
- Alameda County Sheriff's Office holds s.
- Warrant issued for Vallejo man wanted in alleged San Lorenzo Craigslist/Starbucks armed robbery.
Thursday, Aug 23
- Police from Aug. 19 Kottinger Park incident.
- from Alamo and Moraga found by police near Walnut Creek.
- in Danville.
Wednesday, Aug. 22
- Grand theft logged 11:26 a.m. along 6000 Kolb Ranch Drive.
- Car break-in reported 9:14 p.m. on 1500 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- DUI arrest made of a male motorist at 12:22 a.m. on Stoneridge Mall Road at Springdale Avenue.
- in afternoon suspected DUI incident near East Airway Boulevard, Livermore.
- CDC warns of .
- hit hundreds in Pleasanton.
Tuesday, Aug. 21
- Residential burglary reported 5:58 p.m. along 3600 Andrews Drive. Access possibly gained through a garage door between Aug. 17 and Aug. 21 with reported loss of nearly $3,500 of tools, including ladders, saws and nail guns.
- A white, four-door 2003 Ford pickup truck reported stolen 8:15 a.m. on 11900 Dublin Canyon Road; the vehicle reportedly belonged to Pacific Gas and Electric Co.
- Manteca male, 45, arrested 10:24 a.m. on 5800 Owens Drive on a felony warant.
- Male arrested 3 p.m. along 4400 Del Valle Parkway for alleged battery of a police officer and resisting arrest.
- A woman was arrested for suspected theft 3:05 p.m. on 1600 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Vandalism reported 4:43 p.m. on Sylvaner Drive.
Monday, Aug. 20
- Pleasanton woman, 46, arrested for suspected public intoxication 6:06 p.m. along 5500 Springdale Avenue.
- Felony warrant arrest made of a male on 700 Rose Avenue at 10:43 p.m.
- A man was arrested for alleged public intoxication, battery of an officer and resisting arrest at 5:39 p.m. on Hopyard Road at West Las Positas Boulevard.
- Double arrest of two individuals -- a male for paraphernalia possession and probation violations, and a woman for probation violations and giving false identification to officers -- at 3:54 p.m. on 5100 Hopyard Road.
Sunday, Aug. 19
- Commercial burglary reported 1:12 a.m. on 6600 Koll Center Drive.
- Warrant arrest made 4:56 p.m. on 5100 Hopyard Road.
- Public intoxication arrest made of a Pleasanton man, 39, 2:21 a.m. on Valley and Bernal avenues.
- DUIs reported: North Hollywood male, 26, at 1 a.m. on Stoneridge Drive and Santa Rita Road; and Dublin male, 23, 2:34 a.m. on 5000 Dublin Boulevard.
- Sexual assault and robbery reported 2:30 a.m. in Kottinger Park off Bernal Avenue.
Kris Noceda contributed to this story.