A Pleasanton woman, who recently upped security for her two bikes by chaining them together and then to a ladder, was foiled last week by a thief, or thieves, who made off with the whole shebang.
The locked-together $1,100 road bike and $700 mountain bike, plus the full-sized ladder to which they were secured, were stolen from a garage on the 3400 block of Andrews Drive sometime overnight Oct. 30, the resident said.
The woman said she routinely locked together her bicycles, but after recent warnings of increased area crime, she added a metal ladder to the theft-prevention mix.
"I started doing that about a month ago," said the woman, who is offering a reward for the return of the bikes: a 2012 Novara Torero 29er, white/black/blue decal; and a 2012 Felt 85, black, red and white.
The four-rung ladder, meanwhile, is blue and silver.
Anyone who may have witnessed the reported theft or has information regarding those responsible is urged to contact the Pleasanton Police Department at (925) 931-5100.
In other news, a noisy alarm likely thwarted a Sunday burglary at East Bay Pediatrics.
Officers responding to the alarm shortly after noon found an open window and a pried-off screen at the Santa Rita Road medical offices, records state.
Evidence inside showed an individual climbed through the window, landed on a patient-examining table, and possibly began rifling through office drawers before escaping back out the window, police said.
No property was reported missing; police speculate the intruder was in the office for mere minutes and likely fled due to the audible alarm.
Saturday, Nov. 3
- Car break-in logged 9:45 a.m. on the 4200 block of Passeggi Court.
- Male served warrant on 4600 Augustine Street at 1:37 a.m.
- Suspected public intoxication arrest made of a man 1:22 a.m. on Hopyard Road at West Las Positas Boulevard.
Friday, Nov. 2
- Assault and battery reported 9:40 a.m. on Sonoma and Mission drives.
- Theft logged 12:17 a.m. on 1400 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Male served warrant 4:58 p.m. on 1000 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Drug violation reported 9:39 a.m. along 4500 Rosewood Drive.
Thursday, Nov. 1
- Auto thefts included: 7:06 a.m. on 7500 Flagstone Drive; 9:04 a.m. on 3500 Northwood Court; 11:30 a.m. on 1 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Missing-person case filed 4:59 a.m. on 3800 Vineyard Avenue.
- Robbery reported 8:45 p.m. on 1500 Oak Vista Way; parties involved were former roommates and the case is under investigation.
- Bicycle theft reported 3:31 p.m. on the 3600 block of Andrews Drive.
- Pleasanton male, 30, arrested 1:54 a.m. for alleged public intoxication on the 2400 block of Heatherlark Circle.
- San Lorenzo male, 44, arrested 8:48 a.m. on 2000 Santa Rita Road for suspected methamphetamine and paraphernalia possession.
- Hayward man, 32, arrested on warrant charges 3:07 p.m. on 3200 Vineyard Avenue.
- Double arrest of Dublin woman, 41, for suspected theft, theft with priors and giving false identification to police, and Oakland man, 55, for alleged theft with priors, on Hopyard Road at Owens Drive at 9:08 a.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 31
- Embezzlement reported 3:43 p.m. on 1300 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Pleasanton man, 37, arrested 10:56 p.m. on the 3700 block of Rose Rock Circle for suspected domestic battery and false imprisonment.
- Pleasanton man, 48, arrested for alleged child abuse/endangerment and criminal threats at 3:20 p.m. on the 1000 block of Pineto Place.
- Theft logged 3:02 p.m. on 1500 East Gate Way.
Tuesday, Oct. 30
- Bicycle theft reported 4:27 p.m. along 6500 Inglewood Drive.
- Assault and battery reported 12:35 a.m. on 8100 Arroyo Drive.
- Car break-in logged 9 p.m. on 4500 Rosewood Drive.
- Vehicle reported stolen, a 1996 green Saturn, 2:21 p.m. on 1000 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Rodeo male, 20, arrested 1:50 p.m. on El Charro Road and I-580 for suspected domestic assault.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrests included: Castro Valley woman, 49, on 4200 First Street at 5:43 p.m.; Pleasanton man, 45, 3000 Hopyard Road, 11:15 p.m.; Pleasanton man, 42, 1 p.m. on Santa Rita and Old Santa Rita roads; and a male at 6:18 p.m. on 4800 Hopyard Road.
Monday, Oct. 29
- Death report investigated 7:38 p.m. on the 4200 block of Wells Street.
- Double arrest 10:14 a.m., Foothill Road and I-580 of two males: alleged parole violations and drug-paraphernalia possession for one; methamphetamine possession and vehicle theft for the other.
- Theft logged 7:19 p.m. on 5800 Corte Margarita.
- Warrant arrest made 12:18 p.m. on 4800 Bernal Avenue.
Sunday, Oct. 28
- Commercial burglary reported 8:01 p.m. on 5700 Sonoma Drive.
- Six vehicles towed from Rose Avenue and Main Street areas at 5:28 a.m., 5:32 a.m., 5:33 a.m., 6:06 a.m., 6:14 a.m. and 6:16 a.m.
- Pleasanton man, 39, arrested for suspected public intoxication 10:10 p.m. on 4300 Valley Avenue.
- Pleasanton woman, 27, arrested for alleged DUI on 100 Spring Street at 1:11 a.m.
- Male arrested 10:52 p.m. on Tassajara Road and Dublin Boulevard for suspected marijuana/hashish possession, parole violations and appropriating lost property for own use.