A Ford truck -- hitched to a trailer and backhoe -- was reportedly swiped over the weekend from a Vintage Hills-area street.
But the reason remains unclear, as the missing vehicle-trio was discovered abandoned, but intact, mere hours later in Hayward.
The owner said he parked the 2000 white pickup and the attached trailer loaded with an orange backhoe on the 1000 block of Kottinger Drive Friday night, only to discover it missing Saturday morning, according to the Pleasanton Police Department.
The vehicles, reported stolen 8:30 a.m. Saturday, were recovered at 11 a.m. by the Hayward Police Department. Only the truck's ignition switch was damaged, files state. No suspects are identified.
Wednesday, Feb. 6
- Vandalism/graffiti cited: 1:46 p.m. Del Valle Parkway at Main Street; 6:15 p.m. on 4300 Foothill Road.
- Fraud reported 10:10 a.m. on the 5800 block of Arthur Drive.
- Bicycle theft logged 11:34 a.m. on 7000 Corte Del Oro.
- Male arrested 2:44 a.m. along 5100 Hopyard Road for alleged possession and sale of marijuana.
- Male arrested 3:56 p.m. on 7000 Johnson Drive for suspected public intoxication/under the influence.
- Male arrested for alleged theft and giving false identification to police on 1500 Stoneridge Mall Road at 5:24 p.m.
- Residential burglaries: 12:01 p.m. on the 500 block of Kottinger Drive, occurred between 9:40 a.m.and noon with a reported loss of nearly $14,000 of jewelry, watches and electronics; 3:28 p.m. along 6700 Paseo San Leon.
- Car break-ins logged: 2:36 p.m. on 1000 Stoneridge Mall Road; 7:44 p.m. on 4200 Rosewood Drive.
Tuesday, Feb. 5
- Fraud case filed 10:57 a.m. on the 4900 block of Blackbird Way.
- Assault reported 5:14 p.m. on 1600 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Graffiti logged on Stoneridge Drive at Santa Rita Road 8:42 a.m.
- Double arrest 10:30 a.m. of Pleasanton female, 20, and Pleasanton man, 20, for suspected use/influence of controlled substances; location unavailable.
- Vehicle strikes pedestrian on Gibraltar Drive 12:15 p.m.
Monday, Feb. 4
- Bicycle thefts: 1:16 p.m. on 1700 Beachwood Way; 2:41 p.m. on 4300 Railroad Avenue.
- Stolen vehicle recovered on the 800 block of Palomino Drive 10:08 a.m.
- Domestic battery reported 1:46 p.m. on the 4300 block of Railroad Avenue.
- Theft logged 11:04 a.m. on 3900 Valley Avenue.
- Missing person case filed 9:20 p.m. on the 5500 block of West Las Positas Boulevard.
- Car break-in reported 1:40 p.m. near Stoneridge Creek senior center on El Charro Road. Vehicle's window reportedly smashed, and tools valued at $1,150 missing.
- Robbery attempt reported 11:55 p.m. at a bus stop on the 5500 block of West Las Positas Boulevard. No weapons used; no items taken; no suspects.
Sunday, Feb. 3
- Graffiti logged 8:59 a.m. along 7300 Johnson Drive.
- DUI arrest made of Laguna Niguel man, 25, midnight, along 4000 Stoneridge Drive.
- Pleasanton male, 27, arrested for suspected public intoxication along 6600 Koll Center Parkway at 2:23 p.m.
- Theft arrest 9:16 p.m. on 1500 Stoneridge Mall Road
Anyone who may have witnessed or has information regarding the listed incidents is encouraged to call Pleasanton police at (925) 931-5100.
Check Patch tomorrow for more Police Log highlights.