The overnight lockbox at a Mercedes-Benz dealer was burglarized last week, leading to thefts of two vehicles left by their owners for servicing, according to the Pleasanton Police Department.
Three car keys were stolen from the drop-box at Mercedes-Benz of Pleasanton, on the 5800 block of Owens Drive, sometime overnight Dec. 25 to Wednesday morning, police said.
One key was to a non-running auto. However, the other two belonged to white, four-door Mercedes-Benz 2000 and 2001 models, which were stolen from the service-department lot, reports state.
One vehicle was recovered Thursday by Solano County and a suspect was arrested, police said. No additional details are available.
This is the second incident in four months where thieves targeted that dealership's lock-box. The previous story from August is here.
In other news, a Pleasanton police officer on routine patrol early Wednesday noticed suspicious activity on Canyon Meadows Circle that led to the bust of two individuals reportedly in the progress of burglarizing parked cars.
The pair were arrested on suspicion of vehicular burglary, along with identity theft and possession of stolen property, burglary tools, methamphetamine and drug-paraphernalia, police files said.
Also last week:
Saturday, Dec. 29
- Fraud case filed 10:37 a.m. on the 8200 block of Moller Ranch Drive.
- Male arrested for suspected driving under the influence 8:10 p.m. on Rialto Way at Florian Street.
- Public intoxication arrests along 1800 Santa Rita Road: female at 1:34 a.m.; male, 2:48 a.m.
- Vandalism reported 12:21 p.m. along 6400 Calle Altamira.
- Pleasanton family issues missing-person report on 21-year-old daughter.
- Female arrested for suspected theft 9:12 p.m. on 1700 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Possible death investigated at Springtown golf course in Livermore.
Friday, Dec. 28
- Man arrested for alleged DUI 5:25 p.m. on 5200 Hopyard Road.
- Graffiti reported: 10:23 a.m. on Main Street at Del Valle Parkway; 2:23 p.m. along 700 Palomino Drive; 4:27 p.m. on Grapevine and Half Dome drives.
- Vandalism cited 12:30 p.m. on 6200 Paseo Santa Cruz.
- Car break-in logged 3:12 p.m. on 1200 West Lagoon Road.
- Male arrested for allegedly being under the influence of controlled substances 6:28 p.m. on 1000 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Fraud reported 3:27 p.m. on 5600 Springhouse Drive.
- Domestic battery reported 3:23 p.m. on the 3800 block of Hopyard Road.
- Pleasanton lawyer pleads guilty to IRS.
Thursday, Dec. 27
- DUI arrest 2:29 p.m. on the 1000 block of Ruby Hill Drive.
- Vehicle reported stolen 11:44 a.m. on 7000 Commerce Circle.
- Graffiti reported: 8:37 a.m. on the 4700 block of Muirwood Drive; 8:43 a.m. at Touriga and Palomino drives; 12:59 p.m. along 600 Concord Place.
- Vandalism logged 12:58 p.m. along 4700 Muirwood Drive.
- Residential burglary reported 4:08 p.m. on 6000 Corte Montanas.
- Arrests for alleged shoplifting thefts: male at 6:40 p.m. on 1700 Stoneridge Mall Road; female, 4:34 p.m., 1500 Stoneridge Mall Road, also charged with suspected battery of theft-prevention worker.
- Fraud case filed 1:21 p.m. on the 4500 block of Hopyard Road.
- California Highway Patrol releases holiday-weekend DUI stats.
Wednesday, Dec. 26
- Auto thefts reported: 12:24 p.m. along 4500 Shearwater Road; 5:15 a.m. on 4300 Valley Avenue.
- Fraud case filed 3:40 p.m. on the 3300 block of Norton Way.
- Theft reported 2:25 p.m. on 600 St. Mary Street.
- Double arrest 2:45 a.m. along 7700 Canyon Meadows Circle of male and female for suspected vehicular burglary, possession of burglary tools, drug paraphernalia, methamphetamine and stolen property and identity theft.
- Commercial burglary and two stolen vehicles reported 9:57 a.m. on 5800 Owens Drive.
- World War II TNT detonated in Dublin.
Tuesday, Dec. 25
- Stolen vehicle recovered 6:02 a.m. on Stanley Boulevard at Bernal Avenue.
- Residential burglary reported 2:35 a.m. on the 400 block of Rose Avenue. Jewelry valued at $10,000 and an $800 laptop listed as stolen, with access gained through an unlocked bathroom window.
- Noise complaint investigated 5 p.m. on the 4100 block of Stanley Boulevard by Alameda County Sheriff's Office.
Monday, Dec. 24
- Car break-in logged 8:14 a.m. on 7600 Driftwood Way.
- Theft reported 6:10 p.m. on 7600 Stoneridge Drive.
- Robbery reported 3:34 p.m. along 2400 Stoneridge Mall Road; shopper allegedly battered by another shopper and sunglasses stolen.
- Helicopter rescue at Del Valle Regional Park.
Sunday, Dec. 23
- Pleasanton woman, 47, arrested 1:02 a.m. on 100 Ray Street for suspected DUI.
- Stolen vehicle recovered 11:07 p.m. on 5100 Hopyard Road.
- Missing-person case filed 5:11 p.m. on the 6100 block of Everglades Court.
- Theft arrest made 5:57 p.m. on 1500 Stoneridge Mall Road.
Saturday, Dec. 22
- Fraud reported 10:08 p.m. on 11300 Dublin Canyon Road.
- Car break-in logged 12:38 p.m. along 7600 Canyon Meadows Circle.
- Pleasanton male, 64, arrested on suspicion of domestic battery 6:45 p.m. on the 3200 block of Belvedere Court.
- Pleasanton male, 46, arrested 1:36 a.m. on 300 St. Mary Street for alleged battery.
- Man arrested 7:39 p.m. along 1500 Stoneridge Mall Road for suspected theft.