A 54-year-old Pleasanton man was arrested on alleged robbery charges Thursday evening after taking basketballs from three juveniles who were shooting hoops near his apartment complex, according to the Pleasanton Police Department.
The boys, ages 12, 10 and 8, told officers the man was annoyed by their game and at about 7:30 p.m. forcibly took a ball from one of the boys.
He then took the kids' two remaining basketballs and left, the boys added.
Police contacted the suspect, who admitted taking the balls and had them in his Andrews Drive apartment, records show. The man told officers he was upset over the noise.
In a separate incident, cash totaling $3,048 was reported missing Thursday at 9:30 a.m. from medical oncology offices on West Las Positas Boulevard near ValleyCare Medical Center, police files show.
The medical office showed no signs of forced entry, and the case is under investigation.
And on Friday evening at Foothill High School, police responded to reports a knife was brandished.
The call to law enforcement was made at 7:21 p.m., as the Falcons homecoming football game against California High School was underway.
No additional details were disclosed; the case is under investigation.
In other area police news:
Saturday, Sept. 29
- Arrests for suspected public intoxication: two males, 31 and 27, 12:18 a.m. on the 300 block of St. Mary Street; male, 20, on 3900 Rockingham Drive at 1:03 a.m.
- Graffiti reported 3:41 p.m. on Stoneridge Drive.
- Theft logged 11:51 a.m. on 300 Main Street.
- Male motorist arrested for suspected driving under the influence 2:32 a.m. on Pimlico Drive at Santa Rita Road.
- Murder warrants issued for two San Leandro teens.
Friday, Sept. 28
- Warrant arrests made: female 11:50 a.m. on 5700 Johnson Drive; 6:59 p.m. of a male on Chardonnay and Sylvaner drives.
- Weapons violation reported 7:21 p.m. on 4300 Foothill Road.
- Female arrested 3:42 p.m. on the 300 block of James Street for alleged battery and corporal injury of a child.
- Fraud reported 2:59 p.m. along 6300 Alvord Way.
- DUI arrests: male motorist 2:10 a.m. on Santa Rita Road at Mohr Avenue; male, 2:33 a.m. along 1400 Santa Rita Road.
- Wall Street Journal story addresses San Leandro's license plate-tracking practices.
Thursday, Sept. 27
- Missing-person case filed 8:49 a.m. on Second and Abbie streets.
- Vehicular burglary reported 1:07 p.m. on 5800 Parkside Drive.
- Burglary reported 9:28 a.m. on the 5700 block of West Las Positas Boulevard.
- Theft logged 4:38 p.m. on 4600 Corday Court.
- Robbery reported 7:28 p.m. along 3600 Andrews Drive.
- Theft of $1,200 bicycle reported 10:39 a.m. on 5500 West Las Positas Boulevard.
- Vandalism cited 6:07 p.m. on 4400 Mohr Avenue.
Wednesday, Sept. 26
- Graffiti and/or vandalism reported: 8:12 a.m. on 4100 Churchill Drive; 5:19 p.m. on 7300 Johnson Drive; 6:02 p.m. on 400 Old Bernal Avenue.
- Theft logged 5:25 p.m. on 3500 Mercato Court.
- Suspected sex offense reported 10:21 p.m. on the 8000 block of Ensenada Drive.
- Warrant arrests made: 8:21 a.m. along 3100 Bernal Avenue; 1:39 p.m. on 5500 West Las Positas Boulevard.
- Police dispatcher arrested on suspicion of drug possession 8:49 p.m. on the 5100 block of Monaco Drive.
- Father of Sierra Lamar's suspected killer convicted of child molestation.
Tuesday, Sept. 25
- San Ramon woman, 25, arrested 5:35 p.m. for suspected theft and probation violations along 4500 Rosewood Drive.
- Warrant arrest made of a male 9:55 a.m. on 900 Rose Avenue.
- Theft reported 9:46 a.m. from Four Points by Sheraton conference room on 5100 Hopyard Road of $2,800 of electronics, including two microphones and a projector.
- Reno couple arrested 1:04 a.m. on 7300 Johnson Drive: male, 28, for alleged use/possession of controlled substances and paraphernalia; female, 22, for suspected substance possession.
- Fraud reported 8:33 a.m. on 1100 Shady Pond Lane.
- Double arrest of male and female 7:05 p.m. for alleged drug and paraphernalia possession along 6000 Johnson Drive.
- Car-to-car shooting closes I-580.
- Livermore pair linked to fatal apartment explosion takes plea deal.
- Concord private eye gets eight years in "dirty DUI."
Monday, Sept. 24
- Vehicle theft reported 8:36 a.m. on the 4500 block of Carver Court.
- Residential burglary reported 1:27 p.m. along 5400 San Juan Way.
- Pleasanton male, 45, arrested for suspected domestic assault 9:02 p.m. on the 3400 block of Andrews Drive.
- Sunnyvale male, 41, arrested for alleged criminal threats on 4400 Rosewood Drive at 12:55 p.m.
- DUI arrest made of Pleasanton woman, 50, 5:32 p.m. on West Angela and Augustine streets.
- Arrest made 4:44 p.m. for theft on 1300 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Pedestrian killed on I-680.
Sunday, Sept. 23
- Vehicle theft reported 4:49 p.m. along 11950 Dublin Canyon Road.
- Pleasanton man, 23, arrested 1:18 a.m. on 300 St. Mary Street for suspected public intoxication and disturbing the peace.
- Male, 32, from Ben Lomond, arrested 10:42 p.m. for alleged DUI along 100 Mission Drive.
- Female cited for suspected shoplifting theft on 1300 Stoneridge Mall Road at 3:45 p.m.
- San Jose man incarcerated at Santa Rita Jail after reportedly stealing groceries and biting Safeway employee in Livermore.