A Pleasanton woman, being sought last week as a turned herself in Friday to authorities, according to police.
Elizabeth Regalado, 30, self-surrendered to the Hayward Police Department on a charge of criminal conspiracy, said Sgt. Kurt Schlehuber of the Pleasanton Police Department.
Regalado's husband, Matthew Messier, 36, a former Pinole Police Department commander, was arrested at his Neal Street home Thursday on a Alameda County District Attorney's Office warrant for suspicion of fraud, forgery, practicing law without a license and theft of an elderly person's estate, police said.
The assets of the victim, an 82-year-old Pleasanton woman and neighbor of Messier and Regalado, are estimated between $750,000 and $1 million and were placed in a trust controlled by the couple, said Schlehuber, noting the woman is now under public conservatorship to protect her from financial manipulations.
Messier, arraigned Friday at the is free on bail, records show. Regalado bailed out, as well. No information is available on future court dates.
In other news, three handguns were reported stolen in a Thursday morning home burglary on the 500 block of San Miguel Court.
A Magnum revolver, a .38-caliber Smith & Wesson and a .38-caliber Colt Detective Special, with a combined value of $7,000, were listed as missing, reports show.
The residents said the burglary occurred between 8 a.m. and 11:30 a.m., with access gained through an unlocked sliding door.
Also reported stolen: a laptop, television, video players, iPod Touch, movies and games.
Saturday, Nov. 17
- Commercial burglary reported 5:50 p.m. on the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive.
- Double arrest of two males 2:09 a.m. for suspected public intoxication along 1800 Santa Rita Road.
- Vandalism cited 6:06 a.m. on the 5500 block of Springhouse Drive.
- Man arrested 10:48 p.m. on 800 Main Street for alleged forgery, burglary and probation violations.
- Warrant served 11:13 a.m. to male; address unavailable.
- Female motorist arrested 2:26 a.m. at Pleasanton Avenue and St. Mary Street for suspected driving under the influence and driving on license suspended from prior DUI.
- Suspicious fire at former orchid farm on Isabel Road in Livermore.
Friday, Nov. 16
- Vandalism cited 10:13 a.m. along 6700 Hansen Drive.
- Warrant arrest 3:47 p.m. of male on the 3300 block of Smoketree Commons Drive.
- Male arrested 3:35 p.m. on 1500 Stoneridge Mall Road for suspected shoplifting, possession of burglary tools, parole violations.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrest of male 6:46 p.m. along 3500 Carlsbad Court.
- Domestic battery reported 9:36 a.m. on 5700 Owens Drive.
- Fire department battalion/training chief retires.
Thursday, Nov. 15
- Burglary reported 11:40 a.m. on the 500 block of San Miguel Court.
- Missing-person case filed 9:40 a.m. on 500 Mavis Drive.
- Auto theft reported 5:34 p.m. on 1000 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- 2:06 p.m. on the 400 block of Neal Street on warrant relating to suspected grand theft, fraud, forgery, elder abuse.
- Graffiti vandalism reported 10:07 a.m. on 500 Kottinger Drive, and 11:09 a.m. on Valley Avenue at Paseo Santa Cruz.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrests included: male, 10:42 p.m. on 5200 Hopyard Road; female, 11:19 p.m., 1800 Santa Rita Road.
- Car break-in logged 1:58 p.m. along 3800 Vineyard Avenue.
- Fraud reported on 7200 Valley View Court 2:10 p.m.
- Pleasanton man, 41, arrested 12:51 a.m. on the 4100 block of Georgis Place for alleged domestic battery and property damage/vandalism.
- Assault and battery on 3800 Stone Point Way reported 8:58 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 14
- Pleasanton male, 42, arrested for suspected public intoxication 12:59 p.m. on 5800 Owens Drive.
- Noise complaint filed on 1 Castlewood Drive 8:38 p.m.
- Fraud reported 9:05 a.m. on 7300 Foothill Road, and 10:24 a.m. along 4100 Moller Drive.
- Graffiti cited 9:47 a.m. on Oak Creek Drive at Foothill Road.
- Vehicle reported stolen -- 1989 red Nissan -- 6:40 p.m. on 6200 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Pleasanton man, 26, arrested 6:44 a.m. on the 7300 block of Tulipwood Circle for alleged drug-paraphernalia possession and parole violations.
- Warrant arrest made 11:52 a.m. on 5100 Hopyard Road.
- Stabbing reported 9 p.m. on 3800 Vineyard Avenue; suspect sought.
Tuesday, Nov. 13
- Residential burglary reported 7:17 p.m. along 4800 Harrison Street.
- Thefts logged 4:02 p.m. on 5800 Owens Drive, and 5:30 p.m. on 4500 rosewood Drive.
- Sexual offense ivestigated 8:33 a.m. on the 2000 block of Santa Rita Road.
- DUI arrest 10:25 p.m. of Pleasanton man, 62, at Ruby Hill boulevard at Vineyard Avenue.
- Car break-in filed 7:03 a.m. on 6900 Corte Monterey; pry tool reportedly used on auto door with $2,000 laptop listed missing. Another vehicular burglary reported 6:53 a.m. on 1300 Kolln Street.
- Commercial burglary reported 8:49 p.m. at Foothill Chiropractic on the 5800 block of Stoneridge Mall Road. Reporting victim said the incident occurred Nov. 3 to 4; pry tool used to gain access and a $145 camera and $20 were taken.
- Graffiti cited 11:42 a.m. on 3500 Stanley Boulevard.
Monday, Nov. 12
- Stolen vehicle reported 4:02 p.m. on 800 Palomino Drive.
- Stolen vehicle recovered 1:44 p.m., 4400 First Street.
- Pleasanton man, 41, arrested on Stoneridge Mall Road 9:50 p.m. for alleged battery.
- Male motorist arrested 6:40 p.m. along 1000 Stoneridge Mall Road for suspended license and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Male cited for marijuana possession while driving on 1000 Stoneridge Mall Road 12:02 p.m.
- Missing person case filed 7:04 p.m. on the 4400 block of Clovewood Lane.
- Felony warrant arrest 1:34 a.m. on 5200 Hopyard Road of San Francisco male, 37.
Sunday, Nov. 11
- Vehicle reported stolen -- 1994 white Nissan Sentra -- 8:41 a.m. on 4300 Second Street.
- Residential burglaries reported on the 5300 and 5500 blocks of Sonoma Drive at 1:16 p.m. and 2:21 p.m., respectively.
- Fraud logged 6:27 p.m. along 3200 Touriga Drive.
- Triple arrest 5:21 p.m. of three females for suspected theft on 1500 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Pleasanton man, 50, arrested 8:03 p.m. on the 8000 block of Arroyo Drive for alleged child endangerment and criminal threats.
- Male arrested 12:29 p.m. on Black Avenue at Santa Rita Road for alleged DUI with accident.
- Pleasanton man, 41, arrested for suspected domestic battery on the 5600 block of Owens Drive at 6:10 a.m.
- Theft reported 9:25 a.m. on 4400 Valley Avenue of $1,200 men's brown Schwinn bicycle.
- Car break-in logged 6:24 p.m. on 1000 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Vallejo woman, 41, arrested 2:26 a.m. on Stoneridge Mall Road for suspected shoplifting and possession of burglary tools.