A woman reported being robbed of her handbag and wallet Saturday morning near Main Street's Bank of America, according to Pleasanton Police Department files.
The female reported at 9:15 a.m. that a $200 black and gray Coach totebag and a $20 purple wallet with a silver buckle were taken from her on the 300 block of Main Street, records state.
Details on whether the reported robbery was strongarm or involved a weapon or any suspect description will be updated when available. The case is under investigation.
In other news, a white 2004 Ford van was stolen Thursday morning from So Unique Painting & Decorating Co.'s parking lot on Quarry Lane, police records show.
The contents of the van -- nearly $2,200 of equipment, including sanders, grinders, safety harnesses and ladders -- were taken, as well, files state.
While older-model Honda Civics and Accords routinely top lists of the most frequently stolen vehicles, white Ford work trucks and vans are next on that list, according to area law enforcement agencies.
So Unique's loss marks at least the third white Ford van swiped in a little over a week in Pleasanton. White Ford vans were reported stolen Nov. 1 from the 7500 block of Flagstone Drive and the 3800 block of Northwood Court.
The worker's van, in the Flagstone case, had Maryland plates, police said.
In other news from around town:
Saturday, Nov. 10
- Robbery reported 9:15 a.m. on the 300 block of Main Street.
Friday, Nov. 9
- Car break-in logged 10:23 a.m. on 2700 Turnstone Drive; window reportedly smashed with a $20 wallet and $50 cash missing.
- Residential burglary reported 8:21 a.m. on 7600 Hillsdale Court. Intruder reportedly entered through unlocked garage Thursday between 5 p.m. and 6:20 p.m., taking from a vehicle a garage-door opener and a blue lanyard with an employee badge.
Thursday, Nov. 8
- Vehicle reported stolen 7:40 a.m. on 1100 Quarry Lane.
Wednesday, Nov. 7
- Male motorist cited 8:56 a.m. on 5100 Hopyard Road for alleged possession of marijuana and unlawful display of registration.
- Man arrested for supected petty theft 3:56 p.m. on 1500 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Residential burglary reported 8:45 a.m. on Andrews Drive. Incident occurred between Oct. 30 and 31, and two bicycles valued at a combined $1,800 and a $40 ladder were taken.
Tuesday, Nov. 6
- Car break-in reported 7:32 p.m. on 2700 Lylewood Drive.
- Theft reported 4:06 p.m. on the 4300 block of Hacienda Drive.
- Death report investigated 3:21p.m. on the 500 block of Malbec Court.
- Man arrested 11:12 a.m. along 3000 Bernal Avenue for alleged public intoxication/substance use.
Monday, Nov. 5
- Animal bite reported 5:21 p.m. on 1700 Spumante Place.
- Missing-person cases filed: 5:03 p.m. on the 7900 block of Cherrywood Court; 10:29 p.m. on the 6700 block of Paseo Catalina.
- Theft of a $1,500 piece of jewelry reported 2:03 p.m. on the 3200 block of Arbor Drive.
Sunday, Nov. 4
- Break-in reported 12:12 p.m. at East Bay Pediatrics, 2300 Santa Rita Road.
- Graffiti/property damage logged 11:09 a.m. on 5800 Valley Avenue, and on 1700 Paseo Del Cajon 8:30 a.m.
- Death investigated 7:45 a.m. on 4600 Corday Court.
- Warrant arrest made of male 8:10 a.m. on 700 St. Michael Street.
- Man arrested 3:42 a.m. for alleged public intoxication on 4700 Canary Drive.
This week's Police Log is not as complete as usual, due to the Veterans Day holiday.