A 45-year-old Pleasanton man was arrested for allegedly robbing a female acquaintance at Creekside Park, where police found him hiding in the bushes Friday at 1 a.m.
An Alameda woman told police that the man, whom she had recently met, used force to rob her of $200 at the on the 5600 block of West Las Positas Boulevard, said Sgt. Kurt Schlehuber of the
Officers with a K-9 unit soon found the suspect hiding in park bushes.
In other news, a break-in reported on Friday at the offices set off rumors that burglars swiped cash for the upcoming senior ball. .
Even Schlehuber and other police personnel were asked by local residents if rumors were true that the prom fund was pilfered.
And thanks to the community grapevine, that rumored dollar amount kept escalating.
"I heard some $50,000 was stolen," Schlehuber said.
Not true, he said. " Not even close."
Saturday, May 12
- Arrests for suspected driving under the influence made at 1:53 a.m. on 1700 Santa Rita Road, and on Stoneridge Drive and West Las Positas Boulevard at 10:47 p.m.
- Identity theft logged at 11:23 a.m. along 4100 Vineyard Avenue.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrest made at 1:04 a.m. on Northway Road at Valley Avenue.
- Missing-person report filed at 10:36 p.m. on the 4500 block of Pleasanton Avenue.
- Drug-paraphernalia possession reported at 7:12 p.m. on the 3700 block of Santa Rita Road.
Friday, May 11
- Robbery with K-9 search reported at 12:54 a.m. on the 5600 block of West Las Positas Boulevard.
- Car break-in logged at 5:16 p.m. along 11900 Dublin Canyon Road.
- Vandalism cited at 7:58 a.m. on 7300 Johnson Drive.
- Drunk-and-disorderly report made at 10:21 p.m. along 400 Main Street.
- Toddler was at 6 p.m. on Harvest Road, airlifted to hospital from Amador Valley High School parking lot.
- Breaking-and-entering incident reported at Foothill High School on the 4300 block of Foothill Road.
Thursday, May 10
- Suspected public intoxication cited at 6:50 p.m. along 400 Main Street, and at 4:11 p.m. on 5100 Hopyard Road.
- DUI arrest made at 1:51 p.m. on the 2100 block of Alexander Way.
- An individual was arrested for alleged drug-paraphernalia possession, a felony warrant and giving false information to officers at 12:48 p.m. on the 1700 block of Santa Rita Road.
- Public intoxication and disorderly conduct reported at 4:11 p.m. along 5100 Hopyard Road.
- Domestic battery and criminal threats reported at 7:58 a.m. along 3900 Vineyard Avenue.
Wednesday, May 9
- Vandalism cases logged: 9:55 a.m. on 5800 Owens Drive; 11 a.m. on Vine Street at Birch Creek Avenue; 2:42 p.m. along 4300 Valley Avenue; 5:31 on 100 Valley Avenue; and on 1700 Santa Rita Road at 8:04 p.m.
- Grand theft cited at 7:40 a.m. along 8000 Mountain View Drive.
- Vehicle reported stolen at 3:54 p.m. on the 5500 block of Johnson Drive.
- Suspected public-intoxication arrest made at 7:48 a.m. along 5500 West Las Positas Boulevard.
- on the 5800 block of Stoneridge Mall Road robbed at 4:40 p.m.; suspect's photo released.
Tuesday, May 8
- Vandalism cited: 8:23 a.m. on the 2100 block of Rheem Drive; 8:40 a.m. on 1400 Harvest Road; 4:46 p.m. along 4300 Foothill Road.
- DUI reported at 11:49 p.m. on Bernal Avenue at Kottinger Drive.
- Warrant cited along 7300 Tulipwood Circle at 6:17 a.m.
- Battery reported at 9:24 p.m. on Andrews Drive at Santa Rita Road.
- Narcotics possession reported at 8:47 a.m. on Lakewood Street at West Las Positas Boulevard.
- Trespassing incident cited at 4:34 p.m. along 3700 Stanley Boulevard.
Monday, May 7
- Double shooting of a mother, 37, and daughter, 13, on Stacey Court at 6 p.m. .
Sunday, May 6
- Two car break-ins reported on the 1000 block of Santa Rita Road, at 7:17 p.m. and 7:52 p.m.
- A 52-year-old man was arrested for suspected DUI at 12:51 p.m. along 6100 West Las Positas Boulevard.
- A female, 44, was also arrested for DUI at 3:38 a.m. but the location was not available.
- A male, 29, was arrested at Pickens Lane and Santa Rita Road at 1:52 a.m. for alleged narcotics possession and driving on a suspended license.