Three cases logged Aug. 12 from the Toll Brothers Reserve at Pleasanton development off Vineyard Avenue included: $1,450 of timber from the 1000 block of Shotwell Court; $600 of tile from a lot on Finch Place; and a $100 metal grate from a stove cooktop from a home under construction along Finch, according to police reports.
In other regional news, a San Leandro woman, who received the wrong credit card after dining at a Newark seafood restaurant for her birthday, was arrested after using the card at a nearby mall, police said.
Jheline Demesa, 22, of San Leandro, ate dinner Aug. 11 at Ray's Crab Shack on Mowry Avenue, where the waitress mistakenly gave her a credit card from an adjacent table, according to the Newark Police Department.
Instead of returning the card, Demesa allegedly left the restaurant with it, police said.
The real cardholder tried to cancel the credit card a short time later, but learned transactions were made on it at NewPark Mall across the street, Newark police Cmdr. Mike Carroll said.
The victim notified police about the incident at 6:20 p.m., Carroll said.
The restaurant owner managed to find an image of Demesa captured by a surveillance camera inside the eatery and gave it to the victim, who went to the mall to look for her, Carroll said.
The victim and mall security located Demesa then notified police, Carroll said.
Officers arrested Demesa shortly after 8 p.m. on suspicion of commercial burglary and credit card fraud, Carroll said.
Demesa was booked into the Santa Rita Jail, Dublin, police said.
More from the area:
Saturday, Aug. 17
- DUI arrest made of Sunol man, 41, 12:38 a.m. Hopyard Road at Valley Avenue.
- Hayward man, 53, arrested 12:56 a.m. for suspected domestic battery on the 5100 block of Hopyard Road.
- Shoplifting arrest made 12:35 p.m. of Castro Valley woman, 52, on 1300 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Graffiti reported 8:46 a.m. along 5800 Parkside Drive.
- Theft reported 8:39 a.m. on the 3700 block of Mohr Avenue.
- Bicyclist injured On Mount Diablo while participating in the Fast Freddie Gran Fondo event.
- Livermore suspect in infant son's death due in court on drug charges.
- Big rig overturns on I-680 in Sunol.
- Oakland man, 30, arrested 2:30 p.m. Abbie Court and Peaceful Lane for warrant.
- Pleasanton male, 44, arrested 2:14 a.m. along 4300 Valley Avenue for suspected domestic battery.
- Drug violation reported 5:22 p.m. St. Mary Street and Peters Avenue.
- Fraud case filed 3:24 p.m. along 3400 Cornerstone Court.
- Assault reported 9:37 a.m. on the 4700 block of Willow Road.
- Warrant arrest 4:17 p.m. on 3100 Santa Rita Road.
- Warrant arrests: 10:10 a.m. Pleasanton female, 28, on 4800 Bernal Avenue; Pleasanton male, 32, 8:59 p.m. on the 2100 block of Foxswallow Road.
- Death investigated 8:25 a.m. on the 4500 block of Pleasanton Avenue.
- Theft reported along 7000 Johnson Drive; time unavailable.
- Fraud case filed 10:52 a.m. on the 6100 block of Via De Los Cerros.
- Vandalism: 7:53 a.m. on 3500 Utah Street.
- Motorcyclist injured in morning collision on I-580.
- Pleasanton teen who struck and killed bicyclist on Foothill Road charged with homicide.
- New officers join department.
- DUI arrest of Pleasanton man, 49, midnight along 11300 Dublin Canyon Road.
- Arrests for methamphetamine possession: Pleasanton female, 32, 4:05 p.m. on the 2100 block of Alexander Way; Los Gatos male, 49, 12:41 a.m. Sunol Boulevard at Valley Avenue.
- Vehicle reported stolen 12:52 p.m. along 1000 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Fraud case filed 5 p.m. on 5200 Case Avenue.
- Thefts: 6:44 p.m. along 5500 Springdale Avenue; 9:49 a.m. on 3600 Andrews Drive.
- Former Granada High School teacher sentenced for sex crimes with minor.
- Warrant arrest 11:57 p.m. of Fremont male, 32, on 1700 Santa Rita Road.
- Granite Bay woman, 44, arrested for alleged drug-paraphernalia possession 12:54 a.m. along 5800 Owens Drive.
- Pleasanton man, 39, arrested for alleged battery 11:45 p.m. along 1700 Santa Rita Road.
- Fraud case filed 11:52 a.m. on the 780 block of Flagstone Drive.
- Shoplifting: 3:14 p.m. on 6700 Bernal Avenue.
- San Ramon man, 26, dies in plane crash. Story here.
- San Lorenzo woman arrested for warrant 3:28 p.m. along 4500 Rosewood Drive.
- Fraud case filed 3:23 p.m. along 2900 Moreno Avenue.
- Drug violations reported: 4:53 p.m. on 6000 Sterling Greens Circle; 9:20 p.m. along 600 Junipero Street; 11:23 pm. on 5800 Owens Drive.
- Motorcycle reported stolen -- a 2006 cobalt blue Harley Davidson -- on 6400 Stoneridge Drive.
- Residential burglary reported 11:04 a.m. along 1100 Finch Place.
- Commercial burglary reported 11:04 a.m. on the 1100 Block of Finch Place.
- Theft logged 11:04 a.m. on 1000 Shotwell Court.
- Sex offenses investigated 9:19 a.m. on the 7000 block of Johnson Drive.
- Robbery reported at storage units on the 2500 block of Santa Rita Road at 10:30 am.
- Hayward man, 18, cited along 1500 Fairview Court 12:57 a.m. for disturbing the peace.
- Residential burglary reported 10:51 a.m. along 4100 Remillard Court. Front door smashed and two Rolex watches plus display case, valued at a combined $21,800, listed stolen.
- Residential burglary reported 9:59 p.m. along 7600 Maywood Drive. Incident occurred between 1 p.m. Aug. 10 and 10 p.m. Aug. 11, with front door smashed and jewelry and laptops missing.
- Commercial burglary logged 5:42 a.m. along 3000 Hopyard Road.
- Fraud case filed 8:27 a.m. on 6200 Homer Way.
- Missing person reported on the 2100 block of Palmer Drive 1:08 a.m.
- Shoplifting reported 5:42 p.m. at Safeway, 6700 Bernal Avenue, with two unknown suspects stealing 11 bottles of wine and nine bottle of tequila and vodka.