Andrew Nisbet, 31, facing 65 counts of sexual abuse and assault following an investigation by the Livermore Police Department, was arrested the day before he was to receive the 2013 Junior Golf Leader Award at the Contra Costa Country Club.
Nisbet was director of instruction at Los Positas Golf Club and the founder of GRIP Academy, which drew students from throughout the East Bay. Las Positas Golf terminated Nisbet’s employment immediately after learning of the arrest, police said.
Read more on the case here.
If anyone has information about this case, they are encouraged to call the Livermore police at (925) 294-7531. Those who wish to remain anonymous may do so.
In other area crime news:
Saturday, Dec. 7
- DUI arrest of San Ramon male, 41, 10:37 p.m. along 4700 Hopyard Road.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrest of Ontario male, 47, 3:59 a.m. on 5300 Hopyard Road.
- Car break-ins reported: 8:29 a.m. on 5300 Owens Court; 8:50 a.m. on 4800 Bernal Avenue; 11:44 a.m. along 11900 Dublin Canyon Road.
- Warrant arrests: 2:15 a.m. Valley Avenue at Paseo Santa Cruz; 6:20 a.m. on 5100 Hopyard Road; 8:23 a.m. on the 4100 block of Dorman Road; 10:17 a.m. on 3400 Cumberland Gap Court.
- Fraud reported 8:59 a.m. on 6700 Bernal Avenue.
- Homeless Man Found Dead in Dublin, Coroner Investigating.
- Death investigated 8:51 a.m. on the 2400 block of Sanderling Drive.
- Fraud cases filed: 1:53 p.m. on 7600 Maywood Drive; 4:28 p.m. on 6200 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Car break-in: 12:18 p.m. on 1500 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- DUI and hit-and-run arrest of Livermore male, 49, 11:09 p.m. Valley Avenue at Hopyard Road.
- Use/influence of controlled substance arrest of Cupertino man, 24, 4:21 a.m. on 4500 Muirwood Drive.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrest of Pleasanton man, 45, 1:40 p.m. on 3700 Santa Rita Road.
- Theft arrest of Fremont woman, 39, 1:55 p.m. on 1300 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Vandalism: 8:47 a.m. on 4200 First Street; 11:48 p.m. Paseo Santa Cruz at Valley Avenue.
- Car break-in: 1:59 p.m. on 1000 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Vehicle reported stolen 7:12 p.m. on 1000 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Missing person case filed 5:39 p.m. on 1500 block of Harvest Road.
- Vandalism/graffiti: 8:57 a.m. on 4500 First Street; 9:46 a.m. on Santa Rita Road.
- Fraud cases filed: 6:32 p.m. on 6200 Minton Court; 4:50 p.m. on 4700 Woodthrush Court.
- DUI arrest 2:18 a.m. of Pleasanton man, 34, on 3100 Santa Rita Road.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrest of Pleasanton man, 44, 7:32 p.m. on Foothill Road at Oak Tree Farm Drive.
- Groveland man, 42, cited for drug paraphernalia 1:28 p.m. on 1800 Santa Rita Road.
- Missing 13-Year-Old Found Safe.
- Residential burglaries: 12:28 p.m. on 4800 Bernal Avenue; 2:57 p.m. on 100 block of Monaco Court.
- Commercial burglary: 4:24 a.m. on 3000 Hopyard Road.
- Car break-in: 3:21 p.m. on 4900 Pleasanton Avenue.
- Thefts: 4 p.m. along 1900 Foxswallow Circle; 10:21 a.m. on 6000 Johnson Drive.
- Contempt-of-court arrest of San Francisco male, 54, on 1400 Stoneridge Mall Road 7:03 p.m.
- Domestic battery reported 3:58 p.m. on the 6800 block of Calle Altamira.
- Possession of controlled substance arrest on 5800 Laurel Creek Drive 12:11 a.m. of San Ramon male, 19.
- DUI arrest of Hayward man, 21, 3:19 a.m. on 5300 Hopyard Road.
- Domestic battery arrest of Pleasanton woman, 29, and drunk-and-disorderly arrest of Pleasanton man, 32, 8:30 p.m. on 4500 block of Denker Drive.
- Trespass/prowling reported 12:46 p.m. on the 5100 block of Monaco Drive.
- Missing person reported 5:17 p.m. on 400 block of Peerless Way.
- Theft: 10:29 a.m. on 3200 Vineyard Avenue.
- Commercial burglary: 11:14 a.m. on 3400 Cornerstone Court.
- Missing person cases filed: 8:18 p.m. on 4500 block of Denker Drive; 8 a.m. on 3800 Vineyard Avenue.
- Vehicle reported stolen 9:39 a.m. on 5600 Owens Drive.
- Car break-ins: 11:23 a.m. on 3800 Vineyard Avenue; 11:22 a.m. on 5700 Stonecliff Vista Lane; 1:32 p.m. on 1300 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- DUI and suspended license arrest of Pleasanton man, 44, 12:24 a.m. on 6700 Bernal Avenue.
- Dublin man, 21, cited for possession of switchblade 5:23 p.m. on 3000 Hopyard Road.
- Double drug arrest 1:09 p.m. and 1:50 p.m. on 5800 Owens Drive: Hayward male, 18, for sale/possession of marijuana, resisting arrest, weapon possession; Hayward female, 24, for drug paraphernalia and concealed weapon.
- Arrest for parole violation and driving on suspended license of male, 44, 11:41 p.m. on 6600 Koll Center Parkway.
- Arrest for possession of controlled substance, theft and suspended license of Oakland male, 56, on Owens Drive 2:40 a.m.