A car thief apparently swiped a 1990 Honda Accord Thursday night from a residential street off Foothill Road, leaving in its place a 1997 Civic.
The Accord owners, who live on the 7600 block of Highland Oaks Drive, called police at 11 p.m. to report their blue, four-door sedan stolen.
Responding officers from the then noted parked nearby was a Honda Civic — previously reported stolen from Union City and bearing stolen license plates, police said.
The Civic was towed to a storage facility and eventually reunited with its owner, according to police records.
The missing Accord, meanwhile, was reportedly found by Alameda County Sheriff's Office deputies Saturday night in Oakland, files state.
Experts suggest equipping older Hondas, popular theft targets, with tracking systems or alarms to deter thieves.
Four Pleasanton teens were busted downtown for liquor-related offenses by the state Department of Alcohol and Beverage Control during Wednesday's Street Fair.
As the case belongs to ABC, Pleasanton police had no information.
The four were cited for underage drinking, while one in the group, a male, 19, was arrested and jailed for allegedly purchasing alcohol, consuming alcohol, possession of alcohol in a public place and possession of fake identification, said ABC spokesperson John Carr in Sacramento.
No additional details were available.
In other news:
Saturday, July 14
- Residential burglary reported at 9:29 a.m. on the 600 block of Palomino Drive. Damaged front door noted.
- Battery reported 6:15 p.m. along 1 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Protective-order violation reported 1:35 p.m. on the 4500 block of River Rock Hill Place.
- for suspected DUI.
Friday, July 13
- Celeb-gossip show on Hopyard.
- DUI arrests: male, 20, 3:12 a.m. along 11900 Dublin Canyon Road; male, 62, 1:35 a.m. on Danbury Park Road and Valley Avenue.
- Vandalism cited: 8:12 a.m. on 2200 Raven Road; 8:55 a.m. on 7300 Johnson Drive.
- Theft reported along 6000 Johnson Drive at 4:07 p.m.
- Owner identified of stolen vehicle recovered along 7600 Highland Oaks Drive.
Thursday, July 12
- Warrant arrests made: 12:12 p.m. on 5500 Corte Sierra; 5:06 p.m. on 5500 West Las Positas Boulevard; 7:35 p.m. on 500 St. John Street; 7:50 p.m. along 3500 Yellowstone Court.
- Theft logged on 7100 Valley Trails Drive at 7:09 a.m.
- Vandalism reported 9:01 a.m. along 3200 Streamside Circle; and 3:23 p.m. on 7300 Johnson Drive.
- Male arrested for suspected public intoxication 7:58 p.m. along 6000 West Las Positas Boulevard.
- Marijuana possession cited 10:17 a.m. along 5500 Johnson Drive.
- Vehicle reported stolen 11:04 p.m. on the 7600 block of Highland Oaks Drive.
- Protective-order violation reported 11:44 a.m. on the 4500 block of River Rock Hill Road.
Wednesday, July 11
- A Pleasanton man, 19, was arrested at 8:45 p.m. on 300 Main Street for suspected police obstruction and court-order violation.
- Vandalism cited 7:14 p.m. along 7800 Oak Creek Drive.
- Car break-in logged 10:04 p.m. along 5600 Gibraltar Drive.
- Walnut Creek woman, 54, was arrested for suspected DUI at 10:58 p.m. along 100 Main Street.
- A Pleasanton male, 22, was arrested for alleged domestic violence on the 5600 block of Springhouse Drive at 10:24 p.m.
- Police obstruction reported along 500 Peters Avenue at 1:13 p.m.
- Forgery theft recorded at 10:49 a.m. along 400 Main Street.
- Underage-drinking violations reported by state ABC at downtown Street Fair.
Tuesday, July 10
- Thefts cited: 6:35 a.m. on 7000 Corte Blanca; 10:40 a.m. on 4500 Willow Road of a $3,600 inflatable soccer stadium; 2:28 p.m. and 5:50 p.m. on the 1400 and 1500 blocks of Stoneridge Mall Road, with two suspects arrested.
- Vehicle reported stolen 3:39 a.m. along 5300 Pleasant Hill Road.
- Missing-person case filed 3:52 p.m. on Johnson and Stoneridge drives.
- Identity theft logged 2:32 p.m. on 5100 Hopyard Road.
- Burglary reported 7:31 p.m. on West Angela Street; the block was unknown.
- Vandalism cited 1:44 p.m. along 900 Main Street.
- Marijuana possession reported 10:22 p.m. on Second and Neal streets.
- A female, 26, was arrested at 5:36 p.m. on 4200 First Street for suspected forgery, possession of stolen property and a warrant.
Monday, July 9
- Grand theft of a $1,300 pizza oven and $335 stove logged 9:11 a.m. on 4500 Willow Road.
- Burglary reported 3:38 p.m. along 5900 Stoneridge Drive.
- Car break-ins: 4:52 p.m. on 7700 Canyon Meadows Circle; 8:40 p.m. on 1000 Stoneridge Mall Road. Vehicle window was reportedly smashed and $600 golf clubs and $100 sunglasses taken in the Canyon Meadows incident. A loss of $1,100 of electronics logged in the Stoneridge case.
- Warrant arrests made: 3:34 p.m. on Pimlico Drive at Santa Rita Road; 6:50 p.m. on 1000 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Theft arrest made 3:53 p.m. on 1 Stoneridge Mall Road.
Sunday, July 8
- Five car break-ins logged from the 7600 block of Canyon Meadows Circle: 4:12 a.m.; 4:49 a.m.; 4:50 a.m.; 5 a.m.; 5:08 a.m.
- Death investigated at 8:24 p.m. along 4200 Mairmont Drive.
- Fire reported 10:39 p.m. on 8100 Ensenada Drive.
- A Danville man, 23, was arrested for suspected DUI 1:35 a.m. along 5500 West Las Positas Boulevard.
- Dublin male, 35, arrested for suspected public intoxication and police obstruction 1:56 a.m. on 3000 Hopyard Road.
- A man was arrested for alleged domestic battery 2:05 p.m. on 4500 Chabot Drive.