Robbery incidents one day apart last week at Chase Banks in Pleasanton and Livermore are still under investigation, according to law enforcement.
Security cameras at the banks captured images of the suspects -- described by witnesses in both cases as African-American males of average builds and between 20 and 30 years old.
The descriptions are similar, yet vague, and it is not clear from photos released by the respective police departments if the same suspects are involved in both crimes.
In the Pleasanton case, police said two men at 5:48 p.m. on Oct. 2 entered the Chase branch at 5800 Stoneridge Mall Road and ordered everyone onto the floor.
One of the suspects reportedly jumped over the counter, opened cash drawers, and then both men fled the bank without any cash, police said. No vehicles were seen.
One suspect was described as a black male, between 20 and 25 years old, shaved head, no facial hair, 5’8’’ tall, 150 to 180 pounds.
The second was described as a black male, 20 to 30 years old, short black hair, scruffy beard, 5’6” tall, 150 to 180 pounds.
In the Livermore case, police report that at approximately 2:30 p.m. on Oct. 3, officers answered a robbery call at Chase Bank at 1702 North Vasco Rd.
Before police arrived, the suspects fled on foot and ran northbound from the bank, reports stated.
Images of the suspects recovered from Livermore's Chase Bank surveillance cameras appear to show a suspect wearing black gloves and leaping a teller counter.
From witnesses' statements, Livermore police released the following descriptions of the suspects:
The first suspect was a black male in his 20s with short hair, about 5’9” tall, wearing a white T-shirt and shorts, and carrying a purple bag or bandana.
The second male was described as black, in his 20s, short hair, clothed in a black T-shirt with gold imprint and wearing blue jeans.
No weapons were displayed during Livermore's robbery, and no injuries were reported, police said.
If you have any information regarding these cases, contact the Pleasanton Police Department at (925) 931-5100, or Livermore Police Department Detective M. Plute at (925) 371-7565 or the department's non-emergency line at (925) 371-4987.
In other area police news:
Saturday, Oct. 6
- Vehicles reported stolen 10:44 a.m. and 11 a.m. on the 5600 block of Owens Drive.
- Three arrests made for suspected driving under the influence: male, 1:02 a.m. on Valley Avenue at Quarry Lane; male, 2:38 a.m., 5000 Case Avenue; male, 11:34 p.m. along 4000 Tassajara Road.
- Pleasanton man arrested 9:51 a.m. on 3400 Norton Way for alleged vehicle theft, court-order violation and two warrants.
- Sex offense reported on the 400 block of Division Street 5:31 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 5
- Residential burglary reported 1:28 p.m. along 6100 Corte Santiago.
- Male arrested 5 p.m. on Dorman Road and Shorewood Court for suspected possession of metal knuckles.
- DUI arrests: female, 1:05 a.m., I-580 at Tassajara Road; male, 11:51 p.m. on 900 Main Street.
- Shoplifting/theft reported 4:18 p.m. on 7600 Stoneridge Drive.
- Auto theft reported 6:49 p.m. on 1000 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Stolen vehicle recovered on 3500 Nevada Street at 6:12 p.m.
- Male arrested for suspected use/influence of controlled substances 10:46 a.m. on 5600 Gibraltar Drive.
- Missing at-risk adult located.
- Contra Costa man dies overseas from rabid bat bite.
Thursday, Oct. 4
- San Leandro man, 38, arrested 12:05 p.m. on 2000 Santa Rita Road for alleged possession of methamphetamine for sale and drug paraphernalia. His female companion was arrested for paraphernalia possession.
- Fraud reported 2:12 p.m. on 1500 Trimingham Drive.
- Warrant arrest made 11:15 p.m. on First and Neal streets.
- Commercial burglary logged 4:57p.m. 1500 Stoneridge Mall road.
- Theft cited 11950 Dublin Canyon Road 3:02 p.m.
- Stolen vehicle recovered 12:09 p.m. 4500 Rosewood Drive.
- Car break-in logged 3:12 p.m. along 6600 Owens Drive.
- Female, 30, arrested by Dublin Police Services for alleged use/influence of controlled substances 5:27 p.m. on 4100 Vineyard Avenue.
- "Unsafe" Orangewood Court house turned over to courts.
- Alamo man pleads not guilty to killing neighbor in case reportedly caught on security camera.
Wednesday, Oct. 3
- Residential burglary reported 3:53 p.m. on 900 Laguna Creek Lane.
- Stolen vehicle recovered 12:36 p.m. on 7900 Stoneridge Drive.
- Fraud logged 1:37 p.m. 5600 Stoneridge Drive.
- DUI arrest made of Pleasanton male, 33, 12:24 a.m. on Morena Avenue at Stoneridge Drive.
- Pleasanton man, 50, arrested for court-order violations ion the 5900 block of Hansen Drive 11:17 p.m.
- Theft logged 1:44 p.m. on 3600 Andrews Drive.
- Arrest made 5:27 p.m. on Willow Road at Stoneridge Drive for allegedly evading officers and police obstruction.
- Man cited for unlawful display of vehicle registration 10:54 a.m. on 1800 Valley Avenue.
- Robbery reported at Chase Bank, Livermore, 2:30 p.m. Suspects' photos here.
- Warrant arrest made of male 8:33 a.m. along 1500 Oak Vista Way.
- Kitchen fire reported on Corte Encinas at 10:50 a.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 2
- Fraud cases logged 9:03 a.m. on 4200 Rosewood Drive, 11:38 a.m. on 5000 Rigatti Circle.
- Thefts reported 1:55 p.m. on 5700 Owens Drive, 4:44 p.m. on 4500 Rosewood Drive.
- Vehicular burglaries filed: 7:21 a.m. on 3600 Manchester Street; 8:18 a.m. on 3800 Cheshire Court; 7:55 a.m. on 3600 Annis Circle; 11:50 a.m. on 3600 Cambridge Court; 12:28 p.m. on 2200 Goldcrest Circle.
- Robbery reported at Chase Bank on 5800 Stoneridge Mall Road, Pleasanton, at 5:48 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 1
- Assault and battery reported 5:19 p.m. on Junipero Street and Sonoma Drive.
- Vehicle reported stolen 8:05 a.m. along 5700 Owens Drive.
- Vehicular burglaries reported: 8:03 a.m. on 2200 Camino Brazos; 8:06 a.m. on 6900 Calle Altimira; 8:22 a.m. on 5300 Blackbird Drive; 11:13 a.m. on 4200 Dorman Road; 4:50 p.m. on 2300 Woodthrush Way. See related story on catalytic-converter thefts.
- Evening accident on I-680.
- Mental evaluation order for Oakland university shooter.
- Michelle Le's murder trial begins.
Sunday, Sept. 30
- Vandalism logged 3:50 a.m. on 4900 Dolores Avenue.
- Sex offense reported 11:01 a.m. on the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive.
- Thefts filed 10:55 a.m. on Lylewood and Regency drives, and 5:03 p.m. on 1500 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Domestic battery reported 12:51 a.m. on 7000 Johnson Drive, and on 5700 Owens Drive 2:23 p.m.
- DUI arrest made 2:44 a.m. along 5000 Case Avenue.
- Pleasanton man, 24, arrested for suspected public intoxication 1:20 a.m. on the 300 block of St. Mary Street.
- Woman found in Livermore sleeping in van stolen from Concord.