Theives ran amuck last week.
From the grand to the petty, from the mall, mailboxes and a music store, scads of thefts were handled by the along with routine calls for impaired drivers, damaged property and drug-related offenses.
In other news, two suspected robbers and their reported victim ended up behind bars after a man called cops to report being roughed up and robbed by a couple of thugs at his Livermore apartment complex.
The Livermore resident, 23, called police Aug. 8 from Gerrilyn Way to report he was punched, knocked to the ground and robbed of his wallet and money by two males who fled in a white Lexus, according to the .
But after a bit of questioning: "He finally admitted he was there to sell (them) two ounces of marijuana," said officer Traci Rebiejo.
Yes, the robbery victim said, he was, indeed, punched across the temple, knocked down and a scuffle ensued.
But what the two suspects actually took, he allegedly admitted to police, was the pot -- without paying.
Less than an hour later on El Caminito, officers apprehended the two suspected robbers in the Lexus and with the missing marijuana, Rebiejo said.
That duo, Livermore men, 20 and 19, were arrested and booked at Dublin's on suspected robbery charges, Rebiejo said.
The robbery victim, meanwhile, according to police, repeatedly hesitated and seemed nervous as he led authorities to his apartment -- possibly due to his alleged indoor pot-growing operation, reportedly in plain view and complete with potted plants, grow lights and large jars of marijuana.
That individual was subsequently arrested and booked at Santa Rita, as well, on felony counts of suspected marijuana cultivation and sales, according to inmate records.
In other police news:
Saturday, Aug. 18
- Battery reported 3:50 a.m. on 5500 West Las Positas Boulevard.
- Missing person case filed 12:30 a.m. on the 3500 block of Norton Way.
- Thefts logged: 2:51 p.m., 3:08 p.m. and 4:02 p.m. on the 1600, 2300 and 2400 blocks of Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Identity theft filed 1:37 p.m. along 1900 Brooktree Way.
- Warrant arrest made 1:51 a.m. on 6400 Owens Drive.
- Suspected driving-under-the-influence arrests: 1:22 a.m. on Peters Avenue at Division Street, and 2:05 a.m. on Danbury Park and Trimingham drives.
- Vandalism reported 2:23 p.m. on 5100 Hopyard Road, and 2:24 p.m. on 2500 Old Vineyard Avenue.
- 1:20 a.m. on I-680 near Bernal Avenue exit.
Friday, Aug. 17
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrests made: 12:59 a.m. on 200 West Angela Street; 12:45 a.m. on 300 St. Mary Street.
- DUI arrests logged: 12:02 a.m. on Anderson and Division streets; 11:30 p.m. on Taleo Way and Tassajara Road, Dublin.
- Burglary reported 12:06 p.m. along 3700 Old Santa Rita Road.
- Warrant arrest made 11:28 p.m. on 6700 Santa Rita Road.
- Pleasanton female, 52, arrested 7:55 p.m. on the 2100 block of Pomezia Court for alleged police obstruction, parole violations and warrant.
- A male, 23, was arrested for suspected burglary and giving false identification to officers at 1:37 p.m. on 4500 Rosewood Drive. His male companion was arrested for alleged possession of stolen property, drug paraphernalia and use/influence of controlled substances.
- Mail theft logged 5:35 p.m. on 5200 Armani Court.
Thursday, Aug. 16
- Burglary reported 3:14 p.m. on 4000 Cid Way.
- Marijuana possession logged 2:14 p.m. on the 1900 block of Fiorio Circle.
- Warrant arrests made: 6:31 a.m. on 5000 Monaco Drive; 6:39 a.m. on 1500 Mendoza Court; 6:39 a.m. on 7300 Tulipwood Court.
- Vandalism reported 10:49 a.m. on 3900 Stoneridge Drive.
- Thefts logged: 8:51 a.m. on 400 Sycamore Road; 9:03 a.m. on 4800 Hopyard Road; and 3:26 p.m. and 5:07 p.m. along 4500 Rosewood Drive.
- deemed harmless by bomb squad.
Wednesday, Aug. 15
- Missing person case filed 12:21 p.m. on the 6400 block of Alisal Street.
- Warrant arrest on 1100 Happy Valley Road at 9:44 a.m.
- Vandalism cited: 7:30 a.m. on 5600 Owens Drive; 10:46 a.m. on 1800 Harms Drive; 11:03 a.m. on 150 Ridgewood Road.
- A Pleasanton man, 45, was arrested 10:35 p.m. on 2800 Hopyard Road for suspected public intoxication and probation violations.
- Pleasanton male, 21, arrested 8:27 p.m. on 4800 Bernal Avenue for alleged use/influence of narcotics.
- Thefts: 9:08 a.m. on 7700 Driftwood Way; 9:38 a.m. on 4400 Valley Avenue; 3:33 p.m. on 4800 Hopyard Road.
- Identity thefts: 5:50 p.m. on 3200 Picadilly Court; 5:58 p.m. on 900 Sunset Creek Lane.
- Forgery reported 1:43 p.m. on 5700 Valley Avenue.
Tuesday, Aug. 14
- Vandalism logged 9:10 a.m. on West Angela and Main streets, and 9:38 a.m. on 3400 West Ruby Hill Drive.
- Stolen vehicle recovered 2:23 p.m. along 3500 Kings Canyon Court.
- Residential burglary reported 1:45 p.m. along 3300 Norton Way; living room window reportedly pried open.
- Grand theft reported 9:56 a.m. on 200 Rachael Place.
- Suspected larceny arrest made of a woman 5:22 p.m. on 1500 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Noise complaint filed 12:54 a.m. on 6400 Alisal Street.
Monday, Aug. 13
- A San Jose man, 45, was arrested 12:52 p.m. on 1700 Santa Rita Road for alleged vehicle theft, stolen property possession and felony warrant.
- Thefts logged: 9:35 a.m. on 1700 Santa Rita Road; 6:55 p.m. on 6100 Stoneridge Mall Road; 9:40 p.m. on 5500 West Las Positas Boulevard; and 4:06 p.m. at
- Vandalism cited 9:27 a.m. on 4200 Hayford Court.
- Male arrested 9:28 a.m. on 3100 Bernal Avenue for alleged drug-paraphernalia possession.
- Injury accident 5:30 p.m. on Rosewood Drive;.
Sunday, Aug. 12
- Male arrested 9:57 p.m. on the 30 block of California Avenue for alleged loitering/prowling.
- Shoplifting arrest made of a woman 6:27 p.m. on 1600 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- A Redwood City man, 35, was arrested 6:56 p.m. on 1500 Stoneridge Mall Road for petty theft and warrant.
- A Hayward woman, 37, was arrested 3:31 p.m. for suspected grand theft and shoplifting along 1500 Stoneridge Mall Road.
- 1:20 a.m. on I-680.