A woman fought off two would-be robbers who reportedly punched her in the face while trying to steal her belongings Friday afternoon in the parking lot.
The woman told police she arrived at the mall, and was retrieving items from her auto's trunk at about 3 p.m. when she was accosted by two females, who punched her in the face and attempted to steal her handbag from one arm and shopping bags from the other, according to records.
The 23-year-old victim, whose bags contained merchandise she planned to return, was parked in a lot near J.C. Penney Co., reports state.
As the woman held on to her goods and screamed for help, her attackers reportedly gave up, fleeing with another man and woman in a white Honda, police said.
The two suspects were described as African-American females in their late teens to early 20s; no descriptions were available of the two individuals in the vehicle, according to reports.
Anyone who may have witnessed or has information regarding the incident is encouraged to call police at (925) 931-5100.
In other news:
Saturday, July 7
- A man, 20, was arrested for suspected public intoxication on 500 Main Street at 1:25 a.m.
- Vandalism logged 11:25 a.m. along 2700 Willowren Way.
- Car break-in reported 2:29 p.m. on 1300 Stoneridge Mall Road; vehicle's window reportedly smashed.
- Marijuana possession and minors with tobacco reported at 10:19 a.m. on Sunol Boulevard at Mission Drive.
Friday, July 6
- Robbery reported 2:57 p.m. on the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Identity theft logged 9:19 a.m. along 6700 Corte Altimira.
- DUI arrest made 11:11 p.m. on Utah Street and Bernal Avenue.
- Theft using access-card information cited 4:58 p.m. along 2900 Lethbridge Court.
Thursday, July 5
- Felony vandalism reported on the 700 block of East Angela Street at 6:10 p.m.
Wednesday, July 4
- Suspected DUI reported 2:20 p.m. along 5900 Laurel Creek Drive.
- A man, 25, was arrested 12:01 a.m. along 500 Rose Avenue for suspected public intoxication.
- Vehicle reported stolen, 2004 black Honda Accord, 8:57 p.m. on Rose and Pleasanton avenues.
- Stolen vehicle recovered 6:31 p.m. on Kottinger Drive at Bernal Avenue.
- Theft logged at 5:19 p.m. along 4400 Black Avenue
- Male arrested for alleged police obstruction on the 4200 block of Payne Road at 10:37 p.m.
Tuesday, July 3
- Attempted murder reported
- Vandalism reported 9:32 a.m. on Pimlico Drive and Thistle Way, and on 4300 Chapman Way at 8:04 p.m.
- Thefts filed: 12:18 p.m. along 2100 Arroyo Court; 4:49 p.m. on 4500 Rosewood Drive.
- Warrant arrests made: 6:26 a.m. on 5100 Hopyard Road; 3:22 p.m. on Black Avenue and Via Espada.
- Unlicensed dog reported 10:37 p.m. on Black Avenue and Via Espada.
- A male, 25, arrested for contempt-of-court violations at 5:46 p.m. along 5300 Hopyard Road.
- Male arrested 12:32 a.m. for suspected felony marijuana sales; location unknown.
- Arrest at 2 a.m. for alleged drug-paraphernalia possession made of a man on 6700 Santa Rita Road.
Monday, July 2
- Vandalism cited 9:15 a.m. on Muirwood Drive at West Las Positas Boulevard.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrest made on 2500 Stanley Boulevard at 6:40 a.m.
- Forgery theft recorded 11:59 a.m. on the 2500 block of Heatherlark Circle.
Sunday, July 1
- Female motorist, 24, was arrested for alleged stolen vehicle and no license at 4:37 p.m. on Bernal Avenue and Independence Drive.
- Male motorist arrested for suspected DUI and suspended license at 2:15 a.m. on I-580 and Airway Boulevard, Livermore.
- DUI arrest made at 2:38 a.m. on Dublin Canyon and Foothill roads.
- Burglary logged 3:18 p.m. on 7900 Stoneridge Drive.
- Warrant arrest made 9:15 a.m. on Deodar Way and Stoneridge Mall Road.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrest made of a male at 2:41 a.m. on 1700 Santa Rita Road.
- Fraud and identity theft logged at 10:45 a.m. on the 5900 block of Bryce Canyon Court, with more than $2,200 of fraudulent credit card charges.
- Illegal eavesdropping/recording of confidential communication reported at 4:32 p.m. along 3900 Vineyard Avenue.