Driver Robbed at Gunpoint at Shell Station on Santa Rita Road
The victim was filling his tires with air at the Santa Rita Shell station Wednesday night, when man with a gun threatened to shoot him if he didn't cooperate. The suspect, described as a white or Hispanic male 23 to 28 years old, 5’10”, 130-140 pounds, brown eyes, unknown color hair, left the scene with a woman driving a mid 2000s, two-door, Silver Acura CL, unknown California license plate, heading eastbound on Pimlico. Read the full story here.
Dublin Boy With Brain Tumor Finds Strength From the Community
Meet Sirous Sadaghiani, the 8-year-old John Green Elementary School third grader from Dublin fighting for his life. Sirous has a rare malignant brain tumor called Gliomatosis Cerebri—there is no surgical solution and the prognosis isn't encouraging. Find out how you can help Sirous and his family.
Tully's Corner: Loss of Michael Dean
Pleasanton local Michael Dean succumbed to cancer on Jan. 2. He was well-known as a fixture at Tully's corner. Do you remember Dean?
The Flu: Where Is It? Have You Seen It?
Other parts of the country have been besieged by this season's influenza virus, it hasn't shown up in any great numbers in the East Bay... yet. Find out how you can get free flu shots for students through the end of January and where to find flu shots in the Tri-Valley.
Other news you need to know:
- You can donate: Patch Takes the Polar Plunge for Special Olympics
- Tri-Valley Mayors Attending U.S. Conference of Mayors in Washington
- Tri-Valley Scores Mixed in Latest Tobacco Report Card
- Energy Rebate Program for Alameda County Residents
- Most Expensive and Least Expensive Homes in Pleasanton
- BART Dealing With Crowded Trains As It Sets Ridership Records
- TGIF: How to Make a Lemon Drop Cocktail
- Check out this week's grocery specials on Patch.
- Foothill Cheer Wins Five First Place Awards from California USA Regional Competitions
- California Gymnastics Academy Athletes Help NorCal Level 7 State Team Win National Judges Cup Team Challenge 2013
Blog of the Week: Teen Obesity: An Alarming Trend
Take our Poll: Dollar Tree in Pleasanton: Love it? Hate it?
What do you think of this week's top stories?
Patch us your comments in the comments section below or in the comments section of a specific story.