Submitted by: Hacienda and the City of Pleasanton
Hacienda and the City of Pleasanton are hosting the 3rd annual Pleasanton Green Scene Fair. Special sponsorship support is provided by Your Energy Solutions, , The Solar Company, PG&E, Pleasanton Rentals, Alameda County Transportation Commission, Green Stock Solar, Dahlin Group, Altamont Commuter Express, and .
Come find out how easy it is to adopt simple practices to help create a sustainable lifestyle.
The Pleasanton Green Scene Fair is a free event being held on Thursday, September 20, 2012 from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm at Hacienda West, 3825-3875 Hopyard Road. Hacienda West is located at the northeast corner of Hopyard Road and West Las Positas Boulevard in Hacienda; easily accessible to local businesses and the community.
This year's event will feature over 100 exhibitors specializing in green practices, products and services. The fair will allow you to visit with a variety of local green and sustainable businesses, non-profit organizations and others who will be on hand to provide information and products related to health and nutrition, energy efficiency, commute alternatives, water conservation, recycling, and locally-sourced foods. Attendees can learn about green strategies for everything from solar panels to eco-landscaping. Do not miss the event's special display of alternative fuel vehicles, mini-farmers market and the Off The Grid gourmet food trucks selling natural and sustainable meals for purchase. Organic foods, home and garden items, and health and wellness products will also be available for purchase at the event. Stop by and learn how you can integrate sustainable practices and purchases into your work and home life, and save money as well.
Music and raffle prizes will add fun and entertainment to the day's festivities. To enter the raffle drawing, simply have the event sponsors initial your ticket and then drop it in the raffle box. Prizes include: a whole house fan and installation ($1,200 value), event tickets, gift baskets and gift cards. The first 1,000 attendees will also receive a free reusable shopping bag. Here is a sample of the offerings at the Green Scene Fair:
- Transportation: See a display of alternate fuel vehicles including the Chevy Volt (www.dublinchevrolet.com), and learn about commute alternatives from 511 Rideshare (http://rideshare.511.org/) and many other organizations.
- Energy: Find out about solar power from Solar Universe (www.solaruniverse.com), Solar City (www.solarcity.com) and many more.
- Water: Learn about local water conservation programs and rebates from Zone 7 (www.zone7water.com).
- Food: Shop at the mini-farmers market and sample fresh organic fruits and vegetables from local, sustainable farms (www.pcfma.com) or find out how you can have them delivered to your home or office (www.farmfreshtoyou.com). Hacienda's Nuubia Chocolat (http://nuubiachocolat.com) will be providing samples of its premier sustainably produced chocolate confections and Hillcrest Ranch (http://hillcrestrancholiveoil.com) will feature its 100% unfiltered extra virgin olive oil also produced from sustainable sources.
- Recycled materials: Discover great green products made from recycled items at Goza Gear (www.gozagear.com) an apparel decorator using organic cotton and recycled content t-shirts.
Recognize Your Sustainability Champions:
New to the event this year is an opportunity for companies to recognize outstanding employees and reward them for their initiatives that introduce and enhance green processes, products or services that help their business to compete sustainably. These Sustainability Champions will receive: a City of Pleasanton framed certificate recognizing the employee for their contribution in making Pleasanton a leading green community; employee name (title and company) inscribed on the Green Scene Fair Wall of Fame, digital copy of the 2012 Green Scene Fair video including the Green Scene Champion presentation; and $20 in Green Bucks (like greenbacks, only better) to purchase lunch. The Honorable Jennifer Hosterman, Mayor of Pleasanton, will preside over a Sustainability Champion recognition ceremony at 11:00 am the day of the event. There is a $50 entrance fee per Sustainability Champion and registration information can be obtained through the contacts below.
The Pleasanton Green Scene Fair is co-hosted by Hacienda and the City of Pleasanton. Major venue support has also been provided by Harsch Investment Properties.