Sprouts & Shutters: Safeway Gas Station Opens
The 24-hour self-service gasoline station located at 6790 Bernal Avenue opened last Saturday.
Arson Suspected in Vintage Hills Elementary, Bridge Fires
Two fires in Pleasanton, one in a school dumpster and one under a downtown bridge last week, are believed to be arson.
Pleasanton Resident Fired Up Over "Pot Park"
A Pleasanton resident recently wrote to Patch reporting illegal drug activity at Creekside Park. Read the full story here.
Elementary School Principal's $12,018 'Stunt' for Literacy
Stay in a tent for work? Mindy Bolar, Lydiksen's principal, while wearing her pajamas as part of a stunt. In December, during the annual school book fair, Bolar agreed to do some sort of outrageous "stunt" if students bought enough books to beat the book sales from the year before.
Should a Public Education be Completely Free?
A new state law has banned schools from asking parents for fees, which is making field trips, athletics and school supplies harder to fund in some districts. Read the article and share your thoughts.
School District Sets Meeting to Discuss New Lice Procedures
The Pleasanton Unified School District has set up a meeting to talk with parents concerned about the new lice procedures recently implemented by the district. The meeting will be on March 18 at 7 p.m. in the multipurpose room at Alisal Elementary.
Other news you need to know:
- Time to Register for Summer Camps In Pleasanton and Dublin
- Pleasanton and Livermore Men Plead Guilty to Rigging Foreclosure Bids
- Sprouts & Shutters: New Mexican Restaurant Open in Pleasanton
- Elementary Students Release Classroom-Grown Trout at Shadow Cliffs
- PPIE Announces the 2013 Spring Campaign Giving Fund!
- Where to Recycle Everything in Pleasanton
- Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Recruits Start 11-Week Academy
- Know of a New Business? Tell Patch About It
- Check out our weekly grocery specials
Blog of the Week: How Re-Framing Your Motivaton Can Help You Lose Weight
What do you think of this week's top stories?
Patch us your comments in the comments section below or in the comments section of a specific story.