Information submitted by the Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce—
The Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce will recognize those deserving individuals, groups and businesses who have demonstrated excellence and community leadership in business, volunteer activities and achievement within the Pleasanton community on Wednesday, March 19 at the Firehouse Arts Center.
The Community Service Awards began in 1963 to recognize good people doing great things in the community and since then hundreds of recipients have been honored.
Award recipients include:
- Turman Commercial Painters, Business Philanthropy Award: For businesses that have provided philanthropic service beyond the scope of normal business activity.
- The Hop Yard American Alehouse & Grill, Excellence in Business Award: For businesses that have made a positive impact in the Pleasanton community through their achievement within the scope of normal business activity.
- Pleasanton Military Families, Excellence in Service Award: For non-profit organizations that have contributed to Pleasanton.
- Greg Thome, Distinguished Individual Service Award: For individuals who have contributed to Pleasanton through exceptional service to the community or philanthropic efforts.
- Sarah and Claire Williams, Distinguished Individual Youth Service Award: For youth who have contributed to Pleasanton through exceptional service to the community or philanthropic efforts.
- Hacienda, Green Business Award: For businesses that promote sustainable environmental business practices throughout their organization for the benefit of employees, customers or the community.
This event, sponsored by Chevron and University of San Francisco Pleasanton Campus, will celebrate amazing people who go the extra mile to make Pleasanton a fabulous place to live and do business. The public is invited to attend this fun-filled evening beginning at 6:00 p.m. with a hosted bar and heavy hors' doeuvres as well as a silent auction followed by the awards presentation. Cost to attend is $45 per person and tickets are on sale now on the Chamber’s website.
The Pleasanton Chamber presented six Community Service Awards in 2013: Business Philanthropy Award: 1st United Services Credit Union; Excellence in Business Award: Simpson Strong-Tie; Excellence in Service Award: Volunteers in Police Service; Distinguished Individual Service Award: Debi Covello and Green Business Award: The Clorox Company and Café Main.