From the City of Pleasanton:
The City of Pleasanton is currently accepting applications to fill vacancies on several city commissions and committees. Commission members must be Pleasanton residents of all ages, with the exception of the Economic Vitality Committee, in which case members must be employed in the city of Pleasanton. Applications must be received no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, October 5, 2012.
Interested parties are encouraged to apply for a seat now on the following commissions and committees:
- Civic Arts Commission-2 Members, 1 Alternate Member
- Committee on Energy and the Environment-1 Member
- Economic Vitality Committee-1 representative from each of the following categories: Commercial Services Firm, Commercial Real Estate Developer, Green Economy/Environmental Industry, Financial Services, Medical Technology, Professional Services Firm
- Human Services Commission-1 Alternate Member
- Library Commission-1 Member, 1 Alternate Member
- Youth Commission-Representatives from each of the following categories: Village High School, Freshman/Sophomore-1 Member, Thomas Hart Middle School, 6th or 7th grade student-1 member
- Youth Master Plan Oversight Committee-1 Middle School Parent Representative
- Alameda County Transportation Improvement Authority (ACTIA) Citizens Advisory Committee-3 Pleasanton representatives
Applications are available at the City Clerk's Office, 123 Main Street, or on the City's website at
http://www.cityofpleasantonca.gov/pdf/newcommapp.pdf. For additional information, contact the Office of the City Clerk at (925) 931-5027.
If you are interested in serving on a commission or committee that has no current vacancies listed, you may register your interest in future vacancies by contacting the Office of the City Clerk at (925) 931-5027 or by completing an interest card on our website at www.cityofpleasantonca.gov.