The world remembers on September 11. Eleven years later, what do you remember of that day? Have you been to the memorial?
Share you photos with us of your visit to the 9/11 Memorial and tell us about the visit and what you remember on September 11, 2001.
Some comments from Facebook on what Facebook followers remember:
- Anna Wilson Campbell My birthday.
- Kimberly West Of course ...Will never forget ....
- Josh Daly Walking into my 2nd grade classroom, feels like just yesterday.
- Vicki McKnight LaBarge Will never forget. My children were on a trip to Ireland and could not get home, the Irish families were so kind to them, even offering their homes if they were stranded. I was also stranded at a meeting away from home, and all I wanted was to be home with my family. My heart still goes out to all the families who lost loved ones, still a very sad day in America's history.
- Lisa Imperiale Green I remember calling every hospital in NY and NJ for hours that day, trying to find my ex-brother-in-law's brother. Our calls continued for days after, only to get the news he was in the 1st tower and didn't make it out. Although I'm no longer a part of that family - that day, the fear, the feelings of "I know he's at this hospital" with each number dialed; will never leave me. Praying for his family and all of those who lost their lives today.
- Audrey Millar I remember it well. I was living in NY at the time and could see the towers as they burned. I watched as I saw things falling from the towers not knowing those things were people til later. I will never forget
- Kirsten Nelson Fisher We were in Maui for our anniversary. Our anniversary luau that night was very subdued. The dancers tried but everyone's thoughts were with New York
- Amanda Farrell i was on my way home from work... thinking it was a joke, called my parents and told them cause they were still asleep... they screamed...
Every year to go to the Lafayette Flags, say a prayer, thank God for our men and women in uniform, Thank a Soldier if i see one, buy lunch or dinner if we are out for a vet... today is about them, today is about remembering the people who died for no reason.... today the world stopped, but we fought back and stronger then ever....