Pleasanton Unified School District is forming a Local Control Advisory Committee. The Advisory Committee members’ responsibility is to advise the Board and the Superintendent about supporting the District Strategic Plan with resources from our Local Control Funding Formula. As indicated in Board Policy 1220, The Board shall establish citizen advisory committees to strengthen the effectiveness of district and school operations, or to enhance student learning.
The members of the Local Control Advisory Committee will serve a two-year-term. The membership of the committee should reflect the diversity of the community and the student body. The Governing Board is seeking up to eight (8) community members and one (1) high school student to serve on its Local Control Advisory Committee. The members of the Advisory Committee will be selected from those who apply for the position by filling out an application and submitting it to the Superintendent by the due date.
Paper copies of the Local Control Advisory Committee application are available at each school site as well as a fill-able/printable form on our district website at http://go.pleasantonusd.net/lcac. All applications must be submitted to the Office of the Superintendent, Pleasanton Unified School District, 4665 Bernal Ave. Pleasanton, CA 94566 or sent via email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m., Monday, November 4, 2013.
MAKEUP OF THE COMMITTEE: Fourteen (14) Members
· Eight Community Members (Community members are not to be employees or members of the immediate family of PUSD employees or Board Members.)
· One student (not immediate family member of an employee or board member)
· One member of the District English Learner Advisory Committee
· One representative from the Classified School Employees Association
· One representative from the Association of the Pleasanton Teachers
· Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services
· Deputy Superintendent of Business Services
COMMITMENT: Members are required to attend meetings of the full committee on the Third Tuesday of the month from 6:00-8:00 p.m. at the Pleasanton Unified School District Offices at 4665 Bernal Ave, Pleasanton. Additional time commitments may be necessary at times.
For more information on advisory committees, please refer to Board Policy 1220(a).
Board Policies can be found on the District website: www.pleasantonusd.net